Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fitzpatrick is just a legit veteran backup for when Smith implodes which happens from week to week. I doubt NO would take the 6th pick, but I also didn't think they'd trade Jimmy Graham for the 31st pick and injury plagued center.

It certainly does look like the AFC East is finally making some progress from being the most non-competitive division of the NFL. Patriots may need to step up their cheating now a bit more to compete.

Seriously though, I don't think it's going to be as much a cake-walk as in the past. I may even have an interest to watch some of these division games.

Most non-competitive division? Did you see the NFC South last year?? Not one team made it over .500

Yup, mortgaging your salary cap for a DT who may be suspended for any given game is always a smart move.

Yup, mortgaging your salary cap for a DT who may be suspended for any given game is always a smart move.

Mortgaging? If he turns out to be the player he has been, its paid for itself. If he doesnt do anything in 2 or 3 years when his cap starts getting big, we trade him like wallace. We have one of the smartest cap managers in the game. We've dumped a bunch of dead weight to clear cap, not only for suh, but for more talent as well. Suh doesnt cripple this teams budget at all. You gotta pay for stars or play without them.

01-763.png

LOL at the amateur GMs who think Dawn Aponte has ever led a team into cap hell. Average fans going way over their paygrade when they start second guessing cap management for a team who has historically managed it very very well.

Cap goes up 10M a year minimum. This just means we can't buy anymore future HOF players on the open market, but since they almost NEVER hit the open market, we'll go ahead and roll the dice thanks. Don't be jealous. Just wallow in the past like all the other Fin haters, because the future is too bright for you guys to bring us down. :)

If he gets seriously injured in year one, yeah, we mortgaged the teams future of 8-8 by trying to swing for the fences. I can live with that risk.

Finsfan,

I wonder if any of these haters realize the fins actually have MORE cap space now than they did at the beginning of Free agency? Doubt it.

Tannehill's contract will just put the bulk of the cap hit into 2016 like they did for Suh in 2015. Every blockbuster contract we've written with Aponte, whether it be Marshall, Wallace, Albert, Wake, or Ellerbe (just traded to the Saints for young, productive, cheap WR in Stills) is set up so that in year 3 you can get away from it without a major hit to the cap.

I think it was a gamble, but it was a calculated risk, worth taking IMHO. HOF player in his prime, it just doesn't happen. Brady killer. Just watch. :)

No risk, no reward. And for one of the most consistent defensive players in game, this isnt a potentially destructive risk. Not to mention he is one of the most intelligent players in the league.

Not to mention he is one of the most intelligent players in the league.

I'm going to save this quote for when he gets ejected and suspended for kicking someone in the nuts and/or biting someone. I'm thinking by week two, maybe week three.

I'm going to save this quote for when he gets ejected and suspended for kicking someone in the nuts and/or biting someone. I'm thinking by week two, maybe week three.

Did I say "Suh has absolutely no anger issues and never makes bad decisions"? No. Dude is smart though, you cant argue that at all.

Jags got Thomas and Parnell @ RT. Bortles spent the entire off season working on fundamentals.... Ya'll just watch us give Indy a run for their money the AFC South. Just watch. DUVALLLL!!

I was gonna say anyone in LA because at least Miami has a team... but I think it's more likely that people in LA think about the Dolphins so they feel better about not having a team at all.

Ok ok! I get it. The Jaguars haven't had an awesome couple of years. We also have a 2nd year QB, LOTS of young talent at WR, RB and defense. We also bought 6 free agents including Thomas and House and have a #3 pick and an owner that is willing to dump A$$ loads of money into the team. I wouldn't hasten to count us out this season.

Back