Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look at the play in really slow motion, right before Woodhead gets hit (.29/.30), he looks at the defender. The side of the defender's face mask makes contact with Woodhead's chest and slides up to the helmet. Also, Woodhead turns his head and sees the defender right before the moment of impact. Did he flinch, or slow down changing the point of impact? I can't tell with a youtube video. Because his head made contact with the chest first, I think that makes a difference in the penalty he should pay. I HAVE NEVER PLAYED AT THE PRO LEVEL. But, I can tell you that at any level, when your playing, the game is incredibly fast.

Wrong (at least as I see it). Pause it at 0:30, the first contact is helmet-to-chinstrap. I don't see him "sliding up" his chest, but even if he was aiming for his sternum, players have to be aware that they're likely going to end up hitting the guy in the head and that's a penalty. He was clearly going for the knockout blow, the Ronnie Lott or Rodney Harrison hit.

Now, the only thing I would say... it's kind of hard to NOT hit Danny Woodhead high, given that he's about 4'11". But, the Tampa Bay defender didn't even attempt to get low. That's a play that's just not allowed, nor should it be.

And yeah, the game's fast. But for some reason, most NFL players have been able to adopt to the new rules, but some guys (like that guy from the Steelers who's been fined about ten gazillion dollars), some guys either won't adapt or can't adapt... and if they can't control their bodies to play within the new guidelines they probably shouldn't be on the field.

It's only preseason but the Lions looked good, Stafford was very good, and the Pats looked like poop, bizarro world.

_

I didn't get to see that game. The Lions could make noise if they stay healthy. Fans that are still with them deserve a winning season.

I will start by reminding myself that it's only a preseason game, but wow, Pats did not look good. You could tell by the look on their faces that they were disappointed.

Lion's defense AND offense looked good though. I'm pretty geeked. I think the Lion's are back to at least competing every game and maybe having a chance at the playoffs. They are in a tough division, but I think they can put some hurt on the others.

Meh. Pats won't be as good as they looked in games 1 and 2, won't be as bad as they looked Saturday. Same thing happened last season, they got a little full of themselves and got whonked in the third preseason game. If there's ever a time to get a wakeup call, the third preseason game's a pretty good time for it.

Besides, Detroit has a history of shining in the preseason.... some years, even going undefeated!

Lions are going to be good if they can keep Stafford upright all season. As for the Pats, some big changes and not everyone is on the same page. It was mostly the new pieces that didn't seem to work very well. Well, except for the O-line. Does Detroit have a really good D-line or were the Pats that bad?

Detroit's got a good young QB and a pair of potentially hellacious young defensive linemen. I still can't see them winning more than eight games this year, but if you're rebuilding a team that's a great way to start.

Detroit's got a good young QB and a pair of potentially hellacious young defensive linemen. I still can't see them winning more than eight games this year, but if you're rebuilding a team that's a great way to start.

*cue Cape* = bahhhut, the Pahts whon fouhrteeeeeeen gahmes in ah rebuihding yehah......

(did I get that accent pretty close? :D)

I honestly think that Detroit is on the cusp of being a damn good team. Its just unfortunate for them that the Packers are in their division lol..

I think the NFC North will look like this:

Packers
Detroit
Bears
Vikings

Every time I watch Suh, it looks like he's trying to kill every person he touches. The kind of guy you despise until he's on your team. This is all you need to know about him,

“Last year, we earned respect, but this year we want fear,” Suh told a CBS Sports reporter during Saturday’s broadcast. “We want quarterbacks to fear us, and we want offensive lines to fear us.”

Kill kill kill kill

_

xsists said:
I honestly think that Detroit is on the cusp of being a damn good team. Its just unfortunate for them that the Packers are in their division lol..

Packers
Detroit
Bears
Vikings

No Iggles? I don't think they are going to be as good as preseason hype but certainly they are a playoff team. Maybe the Giants? Someone from that div will be in the mix.

Beezy said:
No Iggles? I don't think they are going to be as good as preseason hype but certainly they are a playoff team. Maybe the Giants? Someone from that div will be in the mix.

Oh never mind, I can't read.

Packers
Detroit
Bears
Vikings

Unfortunately, I think you are right. We'll see. I do expect us to compete for the division, but damn the packers are looking like they could do it again.

But hopefully we will able to steal a few wins in the division and hang in there with the rest of them. Something that was laughable for many years.

Now if we can get the recievers to hold on to the damn ball. And secondary to keep their hands off the other team. And both lines from jumping across....

Airborneguy said:
The Giants are definitely not a playoff team. Not this year, and not for a few more years either.

Obviously I haven't followed them very closely. They always seem to play tough tho I dunno.

I love the way Suh plays. That is one hardcore dude. He will be fun to watch for a long time.

Anyway, this looks like it is going to be pretty cool....

[ame]http://www.nfl.com/videos/a-football-life/09000d5d821d0244/A-Football-Life-Bill-Belichick[/ame]

really. how are you posting, anyway? they make underwater laptops now?

hmmm....too soon?

I don't know why they didn't want to mike up McCarthy? That would have been a really exciting show...

it'd go something like this:

"gee, George, we're up by 2, lets run, run, pass punt! that'll ensure victory!"

Little Johnson holds up yet another NFL team for a mega bucks contract. He can suck it. In two years he'll be another Terrell Davis. Who's that... exactly. Which is why I miss Barry Sanders so much, shut your platinum covered grille, and run the damn ball.

_

Little Johnson holds up yet another NFL team for a mega bucks contract. He can suck it. In two years he'll be another Terrell Davis. Who's that... exactly. Which is why I miss Barry Sanders so much, shut your platinum covered grille, and run the damn ball.

_

what he said oh and by the way
GO GIANTS!

I could really careless about CJ holding up a team for a big buck contract. I'm just happy it got done cause I snaked him in my fantasy draft with the 20th pick!

CJ is right to get his cheddar. RBs have a short life span in the NFL. Next contract he will probably be getting vet minimum to back up somewhere.

CJ is right to get his cheddar. RBs have a short life span in the NFL. Next contract he will probably be getting vet minimum to back up somewhere.

Not my problem, he'll be done in 2 years. Good riddance thug life.

_

wildwest450 said:
Not my problem, he'll be done in 2 years. Good riddance thug life.

_

Exactly my point. Steelers will peace out on Mendy if he tries to cash in. They know.

Latest posts

Back