Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too dark. Even "Aussie Rules" fans aren't really into disabling casualties.

Anyway...apparently the upcoming MNF will be held in Foxboro with the New England Patriots hosting the Chicago Bears. Oddsmakers favor the Patriots, and having seen "Da Bears" I'm not betting against the house. Meanwhile, the home fan base is waiting to see who the QB will be - "Yes, there is a quarterback controversy, Virginia" - and The Dark Hoodie has yet to tip his hand.

Staying somewhat tuned...

nice I finally gets to see me a Pats game this year! I'm mixed on who the QB should be - technically I think Mac is currently the more skilled player, but like Brady stepping in when Bledsoe went down, I think Zappe has that something special that can take a team somewhere while he's building up his experience and skillset

I sure hope the NFL offers a legit streaming option for smart TVs when they finalize the broadcast contracts next year. I refuse to pay for DirecTV during non-NFL months, so the current Sunday Ticket isn't an option for me.

NFL audiopass was something like $12 per season to follow a particular team.

They killed that almost a decade ago and I refuse to pay ten times that for content I don't want.

Patriots are heavy faves tonight, which usually means it will be close and there will be drama.
The league could use some drama 'cuz otherwise it's been a whole lot of "meh" lately...

Cheers! (And "Go Patriots!" :rock: )

Hahahaha. Hahahaha. Lose that bad to the Bears. Hahahaha. I love my Bears but they’re awful. But guess who’s worse. Here ya go.
1666670445327.jpeg

Lol! It was the opposite of close, but there was drama :D
That was such a bad game for the Patriots I cashed out at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Had a book that wasn't going to read itself!

last night's Pats game gave me flashbacks to being a kid in the PacNW during the Zorn/Krieg era of the Seahawks

I need to see my counselor this afternoon so I can get a refill on my meds ... but then I can sit back, not worry, and have a homebrew

Sad A-A-Ron has had a Brady-esque season so far.

Meanwhile, the Patriots weak offensive showing (but sporting a no bend/no break defense) still managed to croak an NFL head coach.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34971861/sources-frank-reich-coach-stumbling-colts
I don't know that the Patriots can beat a really good team with the current QB. Jones has been a consistent disappointment imo.

Oh well...Bruins and Celtics are looking pretty good :D

Thursday night football really stinks. Rodgers got paid, and now Mr Regular Season isn't even having a good regular season.

Even on Thanksgiving we're going to be subjected to Detroit against a Buffalo team that wants to get back on track and make a statement.

We also have a couple teams fighting for wild card spots, one of them being the last team that green bay defeated.

Then it's the the most unconvincing (currently) 8-1 team playing washed up Belicheat.

Well, sounds like there was some surprisingly entertaining TNF last night.

Or at least the last two minutes were.

Well! I've been watching pro football for nearly 70 years but have never seen a game end the way the Patriots v Raiders game ended today. Absolutely stunning. I'll post a youtube link but the nfl will make you play it from youtube.com.

Trust me, it's epic. Plus, Chandler Jones is an ex-Patriot :D

I was stunned to learn that Franco Harris never had his Pittsburg Steeler number retired.
What the actual f-bomb was up with that?!? Mister Steeler? Seriously?

Shame on the organization and the city that let them get away with such profound disrespect - until after the dude died, ffs...

Image stolen from wherever, idgaf...

1671665770056.png

Mercifully, the 2022 New England Patriots season is officially ovah with a solid loss to Buffalo today.
Sadly, the Patriots may have too many problems to fix in one off-season - starting with finding an OC, replacements for key players that are retiring, and if there really is a legit deity out there, a credible quarterback, because Mac Jones ain't.

Thank goodness we have the Celtics and Bruins having outstanding starts to their respective seasons to keep us entertained here :rock:

Yes, the Patriots need a real QB, not the "too slow for the NFL crybaby" they pulled out of the SEC.
No, Belichick doesn't need the inevitable "Bill Only Won Because Of Brady" rap every day...

Back