Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think anyone is sad to see little Miss Manshoulders take a hike. Personally, I hope he gets back together with either Destiny and/or Kevin.

By way of explanation...
I had just come from a meeting with my academic advisor who was less than thrilled at my absolute refusal to continue on for my PhD.
A. I'm 58 years old. Save the spot for a young NILF.
B. Being a Dr Nurse is just f'ing stupid. "Sorry, Dr Nurse X."
C. I've been your ***** for four years, I'm done.
D. New brewery just down the street from the University. And some of their stuff is good.

It was only a week or so late, but it has been lovely here of late.

Aaaanyway, while watching the Killer B's try to get through the first round (could be tough) at the same time the Red Sox put a knuckleballer out there with no knuckleball ("Batting Practice! Wheeee!") my thoughts turned to football...

...and 19-0.

Of all the Super Bowls the New England Patriots have won throughout the Tom Brady and Bill Belichick, this will easily go down as the greatest when seeing everything they had to overcome just to be in this position. Not only did the Patriots have to deal with playing the first four games of the year without Brady due to suspension, But Belichick’s squad found themselves in an unimaginable situation when they found themselves trailing 28-3 late in the third quarter.

Instead of giving up and calling it quits, New England rallied behind Brady and stellar play by the defense to pull off the thrilling 34-28 win in overtime. To watch the Patriots rally after trailing by 25 points to win the way they did was simply unbelievable, and the perfect way to end what’s been a crazy season.

Brady was a man on a mission ever since he was eligible to return in Week 5 to prove Roger Goodell was wrong to suspend him over the first month of the season, and the future Hall of Famer certainly got the last laugh after the Patriots won their fifth Super Bowl in franchise history. What’s even more scary to think about on New England’s end is Brady still seems capable of playing at least three or four more years, which is why they deserve to be favorites heading into the 2017 season.

[Random Power Rating - that one's from FOX Sports - but they're all like that.]

Latest Odds:

New England Patriots +$400 (4 to 1)
Dallas Cowboys +$1,100 (11 to 1)
Atlanta Falcons +$1,200 (12 to 1)
Green Bay Packers +$1,200 (12 to 1)
Seattle Seahawks +$1,200 (12 to 1)
Denver Broncos +$1,500 (15 to 1)

Meh. New Year, Same Story.

The only thing The GOAT Coach and The GOAT Quarterback haven't yet accomplished together is....

The Perfect Season.

Patriots have already trademarked 19-0 in every form imaginable...

Cheers! (Cape should have the hotel and flights booked by now :D)

Happy Tom Brady draft day everyone. Hope you all had the opportunity to relax in your under armor PJs and Uggs today, before eating a high protein vegan meal with avocado ice cream.

We got one legged military heroes finishing the race, people who survived the attack, women breaking records...and this absolute POS. What do you ******** post about? Him. I guess this is the obnoxious football threads, but it doesn't make you suck any less.

Looks like the Pats are about to pick the Bills pockets for the second offseason in a row. Hope Gillislee works out at least as well in 2017 as Hogan did in 2016!

And now they extend White and get Butler to sign his tender. It's actually getting embarrassing, how badly they're set to obliterate the league next Fall and Winter...

Back