Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Ok. Listen up. Joey... You go wide. When you get to the Godards mailbox do a button hook and stop on the manhole cover.

Lisa, you stay close to me, you're my safety valve. Stay awake. If I tap my left temple four times it's headed your way.

Jerry. Hey. Phalen!!!! Wake da fuq up. You go long.

No. Just go long.

Oh fa Chridt sakes. Just go long.

Hey hoppy, look at the bright side - if you take the number of wins the ducks have, and add to it the number of wins the Seahawks have, you get....the number of wins the packers have!!

I'm still trying to figure out what the heck was up with that trick play. Could that play have been better designed to fail?

Hey hoppy, look at the bright side - if you take the number of wins the ducks have, and add to it the number of wins the Seahawks have, you get....the number of wins the packers have!!

the funniest part about this is I've been able to say it for 3 straight weeks.

seriously. it's really funny.

clay_mathews.jpg

Had to watch the Panthers game yesterday - they only have one viable WR and that's the TE Olson. Everyone knows he's getting the ball except the Seattle secondary. Way to be 2-4.

4-1. 10/25 at 1 pm in Foxboro. A game that actually means something, which to be honest, nobody thought it would three months ago. The Jets match up nicely here against the Pats.

I still can't wrap my head around that "fake punt," whatever that was. I mean, that's 10x worse than "ButtFumble," as beloved as "Buttfumble" will always be to New England fans. At least that was actually a football play - a play that went horrifically awry, but a play none the less.

"Fourth and dumb," I mean... it's not a legal formation. You had nobody at all on the left side of the field, so that's a flag. No one on the right side of the field was actually on the line of scrimmage, they were all lined up two yards back, at least. Ask the Ravens exactly how many players are required to be on the line of scrimmage for a legal formation. The "center" was a safety; what advantage did they suppose was gained by having him snap the ball, instead of at least letting the long snapper stay over the ball. Figure a guy that's actually snapped the ball once or twice in his career would realize that "you know, I don't think this play's going to work!".

Who the ****'s trying to "trick" a Belichick-led squad? Say what you want about him, but you're not going to catch his teams off-guard.

And once it was obvious the play was a cluster****, why didn't Pagano go ahead and call a timeout himself?

I'd be embarrassed if that was my coach.

Was that fake punt really the "worst play call ever"? There was a pretty bad play call in the last super bowl IIRC...

yeah i don't get it. i mean it was obviously a hilarious screw-up but in my opinion just stupid execution. That can't be the way chuck drew that thing up.

Was that fake punt really the "worst play call ever"? There was a pretty bad play call in the last super bowl IIRC...

It was a terrible play, poorly executed, and the formation itself was illegal.

Yeah, it ranks up there with passing on 3rd and 2 yards to the goal when Lynch is putting up mad numbers.

I think it was a good call and then horrific execution... and if the execution was THAT bad, then that is the coach's fault. (If that made sense)

I'm sure the Colts practiced the play and they had to have done it without making it look THAT bad for him to try it in the game.

The play was supposed to either catch the Pats substituting players or catch the Pats totally off-guard. If either of those two things happened, they would snap the ball.

Neither of those things remotely happened and... for some reason... they still snapped the ball.

You saw Pagano after the play asking over and over why they snapped it.

I think the only blame Pagano should get is obviously not having the team prepared enough to execute when called upon.... especially since EVERYONE fkcued the play up

Latest posts

Back