Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rex Ryan will probably spin this into a moral victory. Which ironicly it is, the moral of this story is Rex can't coach and Geno can't QB. Hooray he learned something we already knew.

Considering the final score was only 13 - 10, I think it's safe for Rexy to try to spin this positively. If the Jets had a competent QB and league average WRs/RBs they probably could have pulled the upset - but they're starting a rookie QB and have scrubs at the skill positions. The score ended up being exactly what I thought it would.

I was unable to watch the game but followed it online. At the end of the night the Jets are exactly who we thought they were and the Pats were exposed as being wildly overrated. It's not exactly surprise that their offense struggled considering Belichick surrounded Brady with mediocre talent this season. Yes, whine about how injuries and murder charges have decimated the offense - at the end of the day there's no depth. Next week's game at Atlanta is not going to be pretty.

Rex gave up on the run game second half, that was dumb. Ivory was doing alright first half, at least moving the ball more consistently than geno. Either way, terrible game to watch and each team should feel like they lost, cuz they did.

Rex gave up on the run game second half, that was dumb. Ivory was doing alright first half, at least moving the ball more consistently than geno. Either way, terrible game to watch and each team should feel like they lost, cuz they did.

I think the real losers last night are those who pay for NFL network.

My favorite part was when all the Seattle fans started blasting the patriots for "barely winning" when it took a miracle for them to get past Carolina.

So the losers are the ones who can afford to watch an NFL game? right . . . . . . . . . . .

I know plenty of people here who opted for Direct TV instead of Time Warner simply because Direct TV carries the NFL Network. So yes, they are losers for paying for a service that provides the NFL Network and shows garbage games like last nights.

Im pretty sure the losers are the ones staring at their computer all night waiting for a play by play update on the "garbage game", instead of simply watching it on this great thing we call television

Im pretty sure the losers are the ones staring at their computer all night waiting for a play by play update on the "garbage game", instead of simply watching it on this great thing we call television

Not sure who you're talking about. :D

I was watching the refs fix the TCU/Texas Tech game and game updates from the Jet/Pats on my phone last night.

Hilarious. He was covered. Hes gonna get the ball more, that was week one and obviously didn't hurt them too bad. They won
Covered? More like suffocated. And as a result, Hartline was open all day long. He caught what, a dozen passes for triple digits and a TD or was it 2? If you're giving them consistent 10-15yds at a time to double and triple Wallace, at some point you have to think they'll quit that **** and he'll get a chance to get back to what he does best. Not sure if him and Tannehill will be in sync or not but it does at look very promising for them at least.

Considering the final score was only 13 - 10, I think it's safe for Rexy to try to spin this positively. If the Jets had a competent QB and league average WRs/RBs they probably could have pulled the upset - but they're starting a rookie QB and have scrubs at the skill positions. The score ended up being exactly what I thought it would.

I was unable to watch the game but followed it online. At the end of the night the Jets are exactly who we thought they were and the Pats were exposed as being wildly overrated. It's not exactly surprise that their offense struggled considering Belichick surrounded Brady with mediocre talent this season. Yes, whine about how injuries and murder charges have decimated the offense - at the end of the day there's no depth. Next week's game at Atlanta is not going to be pretty.
You're right, I looked ahead to Week 4. ****, I need more coffee. Regardless, the Pats will stink it up in Atlanta (and probably Tampa too).
The TB game will give them a chance to work the kinks out a little more before they get into Atlanta. Plus, isn't Gronk supposed to make it back next week supposedly? Might give him a chance to knock a little rust off before the following week. I actually think the Atlanta game will be a pretty good one honestly which is good as the Falcons are inherently evil. :rolleyes:

Also, how in god's name could you stink it up in Tampa? There's one of only a small handful of teams actually worse than the Jets ffs.

I'm not really sure that I buy the whole "Tampa is worse than the Jets" talk. Tampa has a marginally better QB, better WRs, and an okay RB in Doug Martin. Their defense isn't atrocious either. It just depends on what version of Josh Freeman shows up. It should at least be an interesting game.

this is hilarious

0ap1000000243442.jpg

I'm not really sure that I buy the whole "Tampa is worse than the Jets" talk. Tampa has a marginally better QB, better WRs, and an okay RB in Doug Martin. Their defense isn't atrocious either. It just depends on what version of Josh Freeman shows up. It should at least be an interesting game.

Martin is a stud.

I just cant believe another idiot dropped the ball before he was in the end zone! How difficult is it to hang onto the ball for 2 more seconds?!

Martin is a stud.

Yes. Martin has amazing potential and it helps that he's too short to be seen when behind the offensive line there. The problem is, being a stud won't carry the team by itself while the QB has regressed every year for the last 2 or 3. If they could, the Jaguars would be better this year and Corey Dillon would have carried the Bengals to better records years ago.

Freeman looked to have a great future in store for him in the first part of his career but frankly he's just a Sanchez in Tampa Bay garb at this point and Tampa Bay is doomed to an abysmal season where they'll play just good enough to miss the best QB prospects to replace him next year. Sucks to be an NFL fan in Florida atm.

Yes. Martin has amazing potential and it helps that he's too short to be seen when behind the offensive line there. The problem is, being a stud won't carry the team by itself while the QB has regressed every year for the last 2 or 3. If they could, the Jaguars would be better this year and Corey Dillon would have carried the Bengals to better records years ago.

Freeman looked to have a great future in store for him in the first part of his career but frankly he's just a Sanchez in Tampa Bay garb at this point and Tampa Bay is doomed to an abysmal season where they'll play just good enough to miss the best QB prospects to replace him next year. Sucks to be an NFL fan in Florida atm.

You shut you mouth. Miami is looking like they will take the division this year :D

I don't care about the rest of that team, other than maybe hoping Goldson fails there, I was just stating that Martin is a swinging dick.

I'm glad the refs had Tech +3 like I did. That was amazingly horrible officiating in the second half.

I'm convinced the refs either had money on the game or someone else did and had their families held hostage. It worked out well for me in my weekly pick'em pool.

I have this image of the Pats in the locker room after the game last night, wiping their collective brows and thanking the gods of football that they didn't have to face Sanchez or they might not have eeked out that win.

It's hilarious how people work so hard to get angry about Pete Carroll.... "Lookit' that sumbish Carroll... actin' all happy because his team scored a touchdown. What gives him the right to take pleasure in his job?!? Lookit' him! He pumped his arm! How DARE he do... things. HE CLAPPED! HE TOTALLY CLAPPED HIS HANDS THERE! THAT BASTID!!!!"

yeah, dude, he's a f-ing Saint.

*cough*USC*cough*sanctions*cough*vacated wins*cough*giant cooter*cough*

sorry, i had some facts in my throat.

seahawk fans have idiot memories.

I was referring to people working themselves into a frenzy about stupid things he's doing on the sidelines. But I guess I didn't spell that out completely in tiny little words for you to understand, Moto. I could care less about what he did in college because college sports suck and don't matter. He's allowed to pay his players all he wants now.

Maybe you and hoppy can snuggle under a blanket together and enjoy some college football sometime.

I was referring to people working themselves into a frenzy about stupid things he's doing on the sidelines. But I guess I didn't spell that out completely in tiny little words for you to understand, Moto. I could care less about what he did in college because college sports suck and don't matter. He's allowed to pay his players all he wants now.

Maybe you and hoppy can snuggle under a blanket together and enjoy some college football sometime.

Too many big words and proper syntax for moto to understand thatm

Too many big words and proper syntax for moto to understand thatm

What's funny is the line from the drinking game was specifically about drinking when he does something *****y on the sideline. LOL so yeah, he's drawing NCAA sanction on the sidelines of an NFL game.

Back