Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Colts blow.

They freakin' squeaked their way through the whole season and then 100% completely f'in wussed out with the whole tossing the 19-0 thing. I hope the Saints blow 'em out 56-0.

I still can't get over tossing the 19-0... that still boggles my mind.

Ready... quick... without looking it up... Who won the Super Bowl in 1999?

You have no f'in clue.

Now... who is the only team to go undefeated? '72 Dolphins. You knew that off the top of your head. And make all the wisecracks you want... but a lot of people will remember the '07 Pats even though they lost.

And the Colts f'in GAVE it away. It's like playing for a f'in tie. Pathetic. "No, we're just going to shoot for a great year... no sense in going for historic". F'in wussies.

And now all the Colts fans are going to high five and pump their fists over kissing your sister???

"WHOOHOOO!!!! We gave away a chance at history!!!! We're the best!!!"

Even more pathetic.

They threw the game. Seems to me, that type of **** might be illegal is certain situations.

They throw the game, knowing they would win otherwise. Jet's make the playoffs. Oh, wait... guess who they end up playing in the playoffs.

It's crap. Only thing we're missing is collusion and players betting on the outcome of the CHAMPIONSHIP game....

you only know it was the '72 dolphins because you're obviously obsessed over the fact that they let it go.

keeping your star players healthy is just good strategy.

oh really? The coach drew up a running play for Favre with a cracked ribbed and severely sprained ankle? HAHA ...nice try

I have never heard such nonsense in my life. You haters will make anything up to prove a point.

The play is designed to be a safe bet. Either get lucky and get a man open, or the QB runs for minimal yardage, or no yardage. It's not designed to be a big gaining play. saying that he was supposed to "run" was a mistake I guess, but he was either supposed to find a man wide open, or run out of bounds. He had a cracked rib? don't remember that.

Farve made a college freshman move in an attempt to be a hero, like he's done his whole career.

Gate, you're asking me how my team's doing? Are you from North Dakota? Do they even have football coverage up there? :cross:

And, unless you're a saints or colts fan, my team's doing as good as yours. lol

you only know it was the '72 dolphins because you're obviously obsessed over the fact that they let it go..

I don't even know what the hell that means.

And anyone who calls themselves a football fan and DOESN'T know it was the '72 Dolphins should stick to watching f'in gymnastics.

keeping your star players healthy is just good strategy..

Bullsh!t. Tossing games is tossing games. It totally F's the fans who paid a ton of money for the tickets to sit and watch those games. It totally F's teams, like the Bengals, who played a full schedule of teams that were actually TRYING as opposed to the Jets who got a freeby. And it calls the integrity of the NFL into question since you can openly have teams just TOSS games that have VERY real consequences for the playoffs.

Good strategy my azz.

You play to win the game. If the Colts were up 24 points going into the 4th... AWESOME.. Pull everyone. THAT'S when it is smart to "keep your star players healthy"... not when you're f'in LOSING.

NOT TO MENTION they completely GAVE AWAY a chance at a perfect season as a kicker.

I'm not exaggerating one bit... If the F'in Pats had done that... I would have turned in my season tickets the next day. I wouldn't give another penny to a franchise that had absolutely no balls.

It totally F's the fans who paid a ton of money for the tickets to sit and watch those games. It totally F's teams, like the Bengals, who played a full schedule of teams that were actually TRYING as opposed to the Jets who got a freeby.

I agree 100% with this. I would be pissed if I had tickets. But, I would be consoled with the fact that my star players are going to be able to give me the best chance of getting to #1. I don't know what a fair solution would be. FORCE coaches to play their starters? Wouldn't they just have them feign soreness? (not that most would really have to fake it)

I believe the goal of a season is winning the superbowl.

What would you be saying if they left Manning in, and he gets rocked with a season-ending injury in a game that meant nothing to the colts?

If the F'in Pats had done that... I would have turned in my season tickets the next day.
:rolleyes:

and i really didn't know it was the '72 dolphins. i'm a football fan, but not a huge one. i watch my team every week. stats are for people more obsessed than I.

i don't watch football.
i think it's dumb.
but even I know, if you want to watch the colts, don't pay for tickets in the last bit of the season, because the colts will bench their starters. just like they do in the pre-season. the only fans that got "F'ed", were uneducated fans. the cotls did, what the colts do, year after year. Go Pacers! :ban:

taken from: http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=pressreleasesdetail&pid=41317&pcid=47

Brady played most of the game despite New England (10-6) having already clinched its playoff spot. He sat out two possessions in the second quarter and on the Patriots' last drive.

Five starters, including leading rusher Laurence Maroney, were inactive for the AFC East champion Patriots, but Randy Moss and Wes Welker started with Brady."

Brady sat out the last drive, when there was only a 7-point difference? Better give up your season tickets, cape!

taken from: http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=pressreleasesdetail&pid=41317&pcid=47

Brady sat out the last drive, when there was only a 7-point difference? Better give up your season tickets, cape!

yeah... because Pollard, the guy who had put him out for a year, had just crushed him and caused him to toss the pick that put the Texans ahead in the game... so he sat out he LAST driveof the game. He WAS banged up as opposed to the Colts just saying, "nah... we'll just lose... that's fine"

The other two possessions he sat out where when the Pats were WINNING.

You = football talk FAIL

i really don't know or care. it's just amusing when people generalize stuff like, "pats do that, and I'm turning in my season tickets." then try to justify around it when it happens...

You = football talk FAIL

lol, i'm fine with that. this is trash talk, is it not?

um....above link work safe? cause...i'm at work...

Oh please... like you don't know it already.

There is zero chance you're going to convince me that you're not already signed up to that site on Twitter

(yes, it is work safe)

lol, d@mn I wasn't signed up, but I will now! unfortunately I don't twitter....

but, I think i'll stick to this:
putnam_turn10.jpg

speaking of, if there are any trackday junkies out there, april 24/25 there is a WEEKEND date at road america for only $155/day. heck of a deal, especially since weekend dates at R-A are hard to come by, and even weekday prices are more than that.

Who Dat, Who Dat, Who Dat say they can beat dem Saints... Not the colts after tonights preformence....
Were we watching the same games? The Saints almost chocked it away in the second half. The only reason why they won was because everyone on the Vikings fumbled and then Childress f-ed it up by not kicking the field goal on 3rd down.

I'm not a fan of the Colts, but they're clicking. Especially in the second half they're just picking people apart with quick slants, quick outs and then a launch down the slot-post.

Why the **** would Childress kick a field goal on third down?

I'll assume this means no 12-men-in-the-huddle penalty, so it's a 50 yard kick.

You kick the field goal on third down so that if you mess it up, you can fall on the ball and try again on fourth down. They could have done that, since they had one last time out.

BUT, you mess up the snap on a field goal, you're losing at least seven or eight yards. The ball placed seven yards behind the line of scrimmage; best case (meaning, the holder can fall on the ball there, he's not chasing the ball further downfield), the kick on fourth down would now be a 57-58 yarder. Just as likely, a bad snap means a bigger loss and you're throwing a Hail Mary.

So, no benefit to kicking on third down. If the kick's messed up, the re-try on fourth down is so long as to be unrealistic.

I thought the play call was fine. They had a timeout, so they didn't have to throw to the sidelines. Let Favre throw on the run, and if the defense allows it, pick up five or six yards on the scramble. All you really need is to pick up about five yards. If the pass is incomplete, it's a 55 yard kick, which is tough but do-able. Pick up those five yards, and given how good Minny's kicker is - they should be packing their bags for Miami.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just can't help it... people who want to make excuses for Favre's ****up... be it because he was getting banged up, or "they wouldn't have made it that far without him," or "it was a bad play call..." or "Tavaris Jackson would have made that throw, too..."

I'm sorry, it was a DUMB play, at the worst possible moment. A dumb play, by a dumb quarterback. Maybe "dumb" is too harsh; maybe he just got concussed one too many times as a little boy.

Brett Favre, biggest choker in NFL history?

The Vikings had a timeout left. You let the clock run down to 3 seconds, call the timeout, try the 51 yard field goal. You miss it you go into overtime. You're indoors and Longwell has the leg. He was 2/2 from 51 and 52 this year. That's the correct call.

I'm not making excuses for Brett Favre. As Madden says, "Brett Favre is Brett Favre." I'm just saying that Childress is more of an f-up than Favre. He does this stupid crap all the time.

Back