Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey aren't hey at home? Playing tough right now.

How odd that the gas man left today?

Yeah. Caught me off guard when he announced it on Tuesday. Wonder what he's going to do.

Pats suck.

Had to add that last part to keep with the purpose of this thread.

Packer fans are pansies, too.

ChshreCat said:
Yeah. Caught me off guard when he announced it on Tuesday. Wonder what he's going to do.

Pats suck.

Had to add that last part to keep with the purpose of this thread.

Packer fans are pansies, too.

Wonder if Elise is gonna stick around. I wouldn't mind Ian and Puckett moving to gasses slot

I know I thought the same thing. ESPN QB ratings.

Huh, ESPN total QBR.

1 Peyton Manning DEN 82.4
2 Tom Brady NE 79.6
3 Matt Ryan ATL 73.9
4 Robert Griffin III WSH 73.6
5 Ben Roethlisberger PIT 71.8
6 Andrew Luck IND 71.6
7 Alex Smith SF 69.8
8 Aaron Rodgers GB 69.8
9 Eli Manning NYG 69.1
10 Matt Schaub HOU 65.8

There are two quarterback ratings... One is a general, stupid one, that takes a handful of statistics into consideration and scales to something ridiculous like 128.3.

The other is ESPN's own rating that they came up with about a year ago. It takes more statistics into consideration and it scales to 100 even.

I think they're both stupid... regardless where they rank Brady

The way I like to rate a quarterback:
Wins
Average wins per season
Division Titles
Playoff wins
Championships

All the other stuff is noise. Records are cool, and stats are great, but it comes down to team wins and championships. I would prefer to have Alex Smith and win than Tom Brady or Peyton Manning and lose. Period!

Funny... I only hear Seahawks fans saying that it was legit. Everyone else know better and thinks it was the BIGGEST screw job EVER!

For the record, I don't give a rats' ass for either team, and I think it was simultaneous catch.

The Packers' defender was in slightly better position, but that doesn't mean that Golden Tate did not catch the ball as well. The actual rulebook does not go into specific detail about what "simultaneous catch" actually means; from my point of view, the defender caught the ball but so did Tate. The fact that it wasn't a "50/50" catch - that the Packer defender caught the ball slightly more - is irrelevant; Tate caught it, too.

But, the whole topic bores me to ****, so **** you all.

For the record, I don't give a rats' ass for either team, and I think it was simultaneous catch.

The Packers' defender was in slightly better position, but that doesn't mean that Golden Tate did not catch the ball as well. The actual rulebook does not go into specific detail about what "simultaneous catch" actually means; from my point of view, the defender caught the ball but so did Tate. The fact that it wasn't a "50/50" catch - that the Packer defender caught the ball slightly more - is irrelevant; Tate caught it, too.

But, the whole topic bores me to ****, so **** you all.

so all a person has to do is have a finger touching the football when he hits the ground for it to be a catch?

so all a person has to do is have a finger touching the football when he hits the ground for it to be a catch?

He didn't have "a finger" touching it. You're thinking of your dad and your butthole again. The ball hit Tate's left hand, and he then grabbed it with his right hand as well. Forget what the defender was doing; Tate caught the ball.

As I said, though, I don't really care, so **** off.

Just give it up bird they will continue to think its the greatest travesty to the nfl and why they won't win the sb

hm, no he didn't - at least not until they were both on the ground.

also, the defender was catching the ball cleanly in his gut with two hands.

His second hand is on the ball when they're on the way down to the ground, not after he's already down.

Whether the defender caught the ball "cleanly" or not is irrelevant. Nobody's saying that the DB didn't catch the ball, it's only a matter of whether Tate caught it as well. There's no concept of "well, the defender caught the ball better, or more cleanly, or he caught the ball more," it's entirely "was the catch made? yes/no."

It was a damn close play, but I stand by my assertion that Tate made the catch in addition to the DB. It certainly was close enough where I don't see how that gets overturned.

Now, Tate's egregious offensive-PI is another issue; THAT's what Packers fans ought to be pissed off about. It's rarely called in that situation but it's rarely as obvious as Tate's was, either. Bunch of cheaters... ;)

Damn Russell Wilson's numbers are pretty ****ing good this year, especially for a rookie. Too bad everyone knows you can't win a Super Bowl with those guys.

That's right the city of Seattle known for being cheating cheats. Always looking to cut corners and win superbowls of course.

Cape Brewing said:
Damn right.... Thats why the NBA pulled the Sonics out of there. The rampant cheating.

Extreme case I can't believe they are letting us have another team. We are just going to pay the refs.

McBrewskie said:
Kaep isn't a rookie.

I forgot hes the seasoned vet with three starts

Im having a real hard time wondering why him not being a rookie is relevant.

Latest posts

Back