Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I called Richard Sherman a pro bowler and Wilson a potential ROY...

I know it much easier to make stuff up to prove your point, but it's not very legit.

Nope... you are dead right... my mistake. That is exactly what you said, my bad.

So.... let me rephrase...

Because I enjoy pointing out how much Wilson sucks... after you called him a "potential ROY"

If Seattle wins in Detroit this weekend I think they have a shot at the playoffs. Either way the Patriots still lost to them.

And you guys should definitely hang up the "Beat the Patriots" banner. You deserve it.

I still don't see how that remotely makes Wilson a "potential ROY" given how horrific his stats are but...

And you guys should definitely hang up the "Beat the Patriots" banner. You deserve it.

I still don't see how that remotely makes Wilson a "potential ROY" given how horrific his stats are but...

Well first you need to understand that stats only paint part of the picture and that the ultimate stat is W/L. The performance @ SF takes him out of the picture though ...

Yeah, realistically there are two players with a shot at Offensive ROY... and while they're both QBs, ain't either of them Russell Wilson. Although I'm pretty sure Hoppy would have drafted Wilson over Luck and RGIII, if he had the chance.

Yeah, realistically there are two players with a shot at Offensive ROY... and while they're both QBs, ain't either of them Russell Wilson. Although I'm pretty sure Hoppy would have drafted Wilson over Luck and RGIII, if he had the chance.

All this because I said he was a solid rookie QB. Interesting...

Some numbers up to this point.

Green - Great
Orange - Decent
Red - Poor

I like it!! Not only does it show that pretty much every team in the AFC is sub par this season, it shows that the Bears are only lacking in offensive production (Cutler jokes aside, he even offends us).
One of the other things that I like is that until that late TD on Monday, with seconds left, the Bears D had scored as many TDs as they'd allowed. After Monday, they'd scored 5 and surrendered 6 (two of those late, after games were clearly decided).

:mug:

I like it!! Not only does it show that pretty much every team in the AFC is sub par this season

Eh, I wouldn't go by these stats to determine the better conference. The AFC still tends to own the NFC in the Probowl on a rather consistent basis despite the match not having any relevance whatsoever.

According to this seasons stats, on average:

NFC has more "Wins" and a better "Points Against" record.

But both conferences scored just about as much "Points For" and "Touchdowns".

Though the Bears stats do look pretty brutal by comparison to "almost" everyone else.

Almost. Houston's got a hell of a team this year, and I think Green Bay will be very good for the rest of the year, although their D not so much. I'm still not sold on Atl., yet. I haven't watched a Pro Bowl in a very long time, so I couldn't say.... it is an exhibition game, so I don't lend much to scores/stats. The Bears D is the impressive thing to me this year. Urlacher's not 100%, he, Briggs and Tillman are all old, and they're still dominating most teams. Tillman has been a beast, he completely negated Megatron last week. Their offense is 'meh', but exciting to watch at times. I'd like to see more out of the STs too, that and defense will carry them far this year.

Bill Belicheat is copying the Oregon Ducks spread attack because he knows Oregon's system is changing football as we know it.

The Pro Bowl couldn't be any more meaningless if it was a flag football game played entirely by Antonio Cromartie's children.

Mentioning anything to do with the Pro Bowl in a discussion of which conference is "better" makes the person making that statement look like a Hoppy-level moron.

the_bird said:
The Pro Bowl couldn't be any more meaningless if it was a flag football game played entirely by Antonio Cromartie's children.

Mentioning anything to do with the Pro Bowl in a discussion of which conference is "better" makes the person making that statement look like a Hoppy-level moron.

Relevent fact! ^^^

Glad someone said that. I was just catching up and couldn't believe that went by unnoticed.

Wasn't there serious talk to just cancel it after last year?

:off: (and delayed)

Anyone care to guess who deserves a cow tongue slap around here?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have two of them next weekend if anyone wants to grab one. I'm happy to use one, but someone needs to get me a plane ticket to California.

No, anyone who deserves it. Need a short 5 second films version for appropriate use though

How 'bout the fish-slapping dance instead?

fish-slapping-dance-o.gif

Ok... I've bitten my tongue long enough.

Really?? What the fug is that?? Something from the 1940's. it's level of terrible is only outweighed by its gayness.

It's a cheesy fight song from the '30s..... ya know, back before they learned how to play football in New England. I agree, it's corny, one could even say that it's level of "gayness" is on par with the likes of the Patriots throwback uni's... ya know, the ones with the dude bent over on the helmet? :D

Back