Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As to Miami... the best quarterback they've had since Marino is who, Chad Pennington?

Think about that for a minute. Wow.

Talk about wasting draft picks... how'd that Pat White guy work out? ;)

You have a lot of difficulty with either reading or with comprehension. Or quite likely both.

i never saw your comment.

i don't really care about this heyensworthless deal. i don't really get excited for football until late august.

also, rickie weeks' dumba$$ move is more on my mind.

the_bird said:
As to Miami... the best quarterback they've had since Marino is who, Chad Pennington?

Think about that for a minute. Wow.

Talk about wasting draft picks... how'd that Pat White guy work out? ;)

Your absolutely right about the Qb thing, and god willing it will be addressed.
Pat white Sucked, pennington Sucked and Chad H. Is not the answer!

They have to keep Henne though. It would ruin our pre-game tailgate ritual of blasting that beloved Dead Schembechlers tune about Chad.

It really is a classic.

Hey Moto, let me explain the Haynesworth trade to you in terms you might understand. I'll write slowly, and use small words.

Let's say you stop at the store after work, and pick up the usual; a six-pack of Zima, some lube, and a stick of pepperoni. A BIG stick of pepperoni.

And the clerks says to you,

"Hey Moto! We've got a great new scratch ticket that the state of Wisconsin put out, because they're really terrible at math! It costs a dollar. There's a one-in-two chance you lose. But, there's a one-in-four chance that you win five dollars, and a one-in-four chance that you win fifty dollars! Enough to pay for TWO back-alley handjobs!"

So, do you buy that ticket? Sure, you might lose, but you lose a buck.

If you win, though........

****, rumor is that Moto charges HALF that!

BTW, love the Ocho Cinco trade, especially given that it was only what, a #5 and a #6 they gave up for him? The talk before was that he was only going to be available for a second-rounder.

I mean, there's risk with all of these transactions, but they just snagged two guys who could potentially be playing in the Pro Bowl this year, and gave up draft picks that are usually about a one-in-three shot at even making the squad. Fifth rounders and sixth rounders don't really have any better odds of working out than the undrafted kids they bring to camp each year.

Hey Moto, let me explain the Haynesworth trade to you in terms you might understand. I'll write slowly, and use small words.

Let's say you stop at the store after work, and pick up the usual; a six-pack of Zima, some lube, and a stick of pepperoni. A BIG stick of pepperoni.

And the clerks says to you,

"Hey Moto! We've got a great new scratch ticket that the state of Wisconsin put out, because they're really terrible at math! It costs a dollar. There's a one-in-two chance you lose. But, there's a one-in-four chance that you win five dollars, and a one-in-four chance that you win fifty dollars! Enough to pay for TWO back-alley handjobs!"

So, do you buy that ticket? Sure, you might lose, but you lose a buck.

If you win, though........

lol! unfortunately, it'd be more like $5k a ticket.

so, you're saying the pats are making a 5 mil (5% of last year's team salary) to win 50 bucks. i'd say that's about right.

who/what/when/where said is heyensworth is actually worth something? what's the BEST he could possibly be?

who/what/when/where said is heyensworth is actually worth something? what's the BEST he could possibly be?

I believe this answers that question...

[ame]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8123847a/Brady-hit-hard[/ame]

Ironic that its a hit he layed on Brady but he fought thru a double team to do it and it was a clean hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
he's fat.

ok, seriously, i've mostly been playing devil's advocate here. i care as much about this "gamble" as cape does about tofu burgers.

who's going to great taste of the midwest?? two weeks baby!

motobrewer said:
lol! unfortunately, it'd be more like $5k a ticket.

so, you're saying the pats are making a 5 mil (5% of last year's team salary) to win 50 bucks. i'd say that's about right.

The best he could be? Overweight, out of shape, lazy, treid, unmotivated and disgruntled did I mention he's has been charged with two different things during the off season?
Haynesworth was charged in two separate incidents this offseason. He settled out of court in a road-rage case and also was accused of fondling a waitress at a hotel bar in Washington. He has pleaded not guilty to a misdemeanor charge of sexual abuse in that case and is scheduled to go on trial Aug. 23.

Yeah he'll be great! :)

The best he could be? Overweight, out of shape, lazy, treid, unmotivated and disgruntled did I mention he's has been charged with two different things during the off season?
Haynesworth was charged in two separate incidents this offseason. He settled out of court in a road-rage case and also was accused of fondling a waitress at a hotel bar in Washington. He has pleaded not guilty to a misdemeanor charge of sexual abuse in that case and is scheduled to go on trial Aug. 23.

Yeah he'll be great! :)

..... aaaaaaaand they'll cut him.

And all it cost them was a 5th round pick two years from now.... and knowing how Belichick deals picks, he'll probably have nine extra picks in that draft anyway.

If Haynesworth isn't falling in line with the "Patriot Way" by Week One, they'll cut him, and I don't think they will have to pay him a dime.

Plus he re-worked his contract... and you can be damn sure the Pats didn't offer him MORE money so he's obviously still interested in playing or he wouldn't be taking a pay cut.

You guys can whine and cry about how horrible he has been but you keep glossing over the point that the Pats are risking almost nothing here.

They bought a decent-odds lottery ticket for next to nothing... just like Da Bird was saying.

you guys keep rationalizing it that way, but 5mil isn't all that close to nothing.

5mil was 5% of their annual salary last season. 5% on one gamble and you still gotta pay ~50? other players

who is he replacing? did you guys have a big hole there?

Moto, are you really that thick? You know that if they cut him after one game, he gets paid one-sixteenth of that $5M, right? If they cut him in the preseason, I'm pretty sure he doesn't get any of it (pretty sure that guys in camp only earn a per-diem, their salaries don't kick in until the season starts).

I'm throwing you in the penalty box until you learn how NFL finances work.

EDIT: Oh, and as Cape said, that $5M is almost certainly something less than that now.

dataz722 said:
And orton is the answer??? I feel bad for your expectations.

Nope, but he is an upgrade. No doubt about it. And mentally stable unlike Vince young. Not to mention has a history with Brandon Marshall. And being that the Pats and Jets are making big moves the dolphins have to do something.

I think Henne can be solid, remember he had a tool for an offensive coordinator. And he was WAY better than Brady in college. :)

More importantly, will the Lions be over .500, if that marshmallow Stafford can stay healthy they can. Whimp assed SEC loser.

_

Moto, just settle down. You're just embarrassing yourself.

What does signing Matt ****ing Moore have to do with anything? He's sure as **** not going to keep the Phins from continuing to pursue Orton. He's a backup at best, third-stringer more likely.

I don't like Orton, but Orton>Henne>Moore.

Moto, just settle down. You're just embarrassing yourself.

What does signing Matt ****ing Moore have to do with anything? He's sure as **** not going to keep the Phins from continuing to pursue Orton. He's a backup at best, third-stringer more likely.

I don't like Orton, but Orton>Henne>Moore.

wa wa wa my name is bird wa wa wa

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6...-matt-moore-kyle-orton-team-radar-source-says

cape, what are you, bird's sidekick now? that seems about right.

Christall****ingmighty no, I'd ban 98% of the ****ers in the debate forum - probably including you!

Words cannot express how stoked I am about this season. I'm going to have to shell out for a game this year. I've got a client who has epically good seats (right around the 50 yard line, second row), he's usually out of the country for at least a couple games and sells his tickets at face.

Back