OBK (Ontario beer kegs) Brewpot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkenhoser

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just wondering if any of you have any experience with OBK brew pots? Looking to buy a 15 gallon and wondering if anybody can weigh in on the quality?

Thanks

Hi Funkenhoser and welcome to HBT. Your first few posts need approval (we're fighting a battle against evil spammers) and I was happy to do so. I've also moved your post from HBT Announcements and Feedback to the Equipment subform, where hopefully more folks will be able to respond to you. I'm sorry that I'm not familiar with OBK brew pots. 15 gallons is a good size, I use 20 gallon brew pots and I never worry about a boil over.

I have one of those pots and it is well made. One problem that I noticed is that mine developed a rust spot after I left oxyclean sit in it over night. Reckon that was an error on my part.

I brew with Funkenhoser.
The brew kettle is on a pretty big sale right now. Looks similar to the megapot one. Anyone have luck with those?

I have one of the cheapish kettles from obk and I love it. 15 gallons, welded fittings that are super clean. I have had no rust issues and mine lives outside on the back porch all year, just a quick wipedown while I'm mashing and its good to go. They are also pretty easy to modify, I've punched like 6 holes between the 2 my buddy owns and its fairly simple with a step bit and a high torque drill

Edit: Forgot about the sale on right now. 80 bucks is a steal, I paid regular price for mine at around 120, still super worth it in my opinion

I've got 8g and 14g OBK kettles, welded and weldless. I personally prefer the punched out weldless. Easier to clean and easier to orient your thermometer and ball valve! Currently on sale - go get them! Cheers,

Got the 15 gallon weldless for $199. Excited for it to arrive!
Thanks everyone

Good move.

Perfectly fine kettle. I have the 15 gallon one and i couldn't be happier with it.

Back