oatmeal raisin cookie stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sending PMs - because it's not "my" recipe, I'd prefer to just send it to those who request it, rather than throw it out there for the entire world.

Here's one that I've been wanting to do:
http://stlbrews.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4225&p=29624&hilit=oatmeal+cookie#p29624

The recipe is a modification to the Maltose Falcons recipe found on there site.

Batch Size was 12 gallons at 70% efficiency:

27lbs British Pale Ale Malt
2lbs 5.5oz Toasted Oats (Toasted at 325F until slightly darker in color)
1lbs 3oz White Wheat Malt
1lbs 3oz Crystal 60
12.5oz Special B
4.5oz Carafa II
Mashed started at 155F for 60min

Boiled for 60min

In Boil:
1oz Bravo Hops (14.2AA) for 60mins, 20IBUs
6.25oz Raisins Boiled for 60mins (Soaked in spiced rum overnight)

Yeast:
British Ale Yeast
Fermented at 68F

Started at 1.068 on 11/10/12 (Goal was 1.072 but had sparge issue that effected overall extraction)
Kegged at 1.011 on 11/20/12

At kegging added spices: (Amount is for 5 gallon keg)
1/2tsp Cinnamon
1/4tsp Ginger
1/4tsp Vanilla Extract
Soaked in 1/4cup spiced rum overnight

Why not just post recipe here so everyone can view?

sfgoat - as I said before, it's not "my" recipe, and I'm not comfortable just throwing someone else's recipe out there for the world. Also, the copy I have is a .pdf. scan, so it needs to be emailed, and I am guessing that most don't want their email addresses sitting out there, as well.

Hello -

I believe that I ahve sent a PM out to everyone who is interested in trying this recipe.

Because it is a .pdf scan, I'll need to email it to you, so I included my email address.

Merry Christmas to all -

Ron

Any way I could get a PM with this recipe?
I took a stab at a partial mash oatmeal cookie beer this weekend. Not sure if I'm on the right track yet, so an established recipe would help.

Hi, Henry - the recipe is in .pdf format, so I can email it to you. I'll send you a pm with mine, and would be happy to forward it to you.

Cheers -

Ron

Back