Sample Valve O-Ring?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikeMan

It ain't all burritos and strippers, my friend.
Reaction score
This is what the sample valve on my ancient MoreBeer fermenter looks like...
35060.png

The O-Ring (not visible here) on the shaft is almost, but not quite, the same size as a #111 O-ring (the kind that fits corny keg posts). A #111 O-ring binds slightly when trying to close the valve. And none of the standard (imperial) O-Ring sizes seem to match the Sample Valve O-Ring (i.e. they are too different from this ring and from the #111). I can buy replacement rings from the OEM, but they are a few dollars each, for what should be a few cents.

Does anyone know the size/source for this sample valve O-ring? Failing that, does anyone know of a similar 1.5" triclamp sample valve for which the O-ring size is also known? TIA.

I have a spike fermenter with a sample valve that looks identical to yours. I tried dash 112 which did not fit. I ended up buying dash 907 which has worked pefectly.
2.08 mm
ID = 13.46 mm
OD = 17.62 mm
I think it is also called a 2 x 13.5 mm o-ring

Last edited:
in my experience its always better to start with metric when doing a search for these kind of parts. totally ignore imperial/US standard stuff unless you're positive about it. cuz all this stuff comes from china, so if its not just their metric size, then its their metric size that's closest to our size in fractional numbers.

Won't Spike tell you the size if asked?
If you do ask and get a definitive answer, please let us know.

Mine is not from Spike. But no, the OEM won't say. The test fits continue..

I have a spike fermenter with a sample valve that looks identical to yours. I tried dash 112 which did not fit. I ended up buying dash 907 which has worked pefectly.
2.08 mm
ID = 13.46 mm
OD = 17.62 mm
I think it is also called a 2 x 13.5 mm o-ring

Looking at those dimensions, I know that ring won't work. Our sample valve resemblance must be superficial.

Since the closest imperial size ended up binding, I tried a couple of metric. The one that seems (tentatively) to work for my MoreBeer valve is 2.5 x 11. I'll know for sure when I test with a full fermenter (and perhaps under pressure). Pass or fail, I'll give the results here.

I may be the only person still using a MoreBeer conical, but just in case I'm not, the 2.5 x 11 O-Ring worked perfectly.

Back