o.k. I am going to go with a copper manifold !/2 or 3/4 diameter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgable

Reaction score
I have decided to go with a copper manifold in a 48 gt. cooler for my all grain system. But I still don't have a good grasp on what size tubing to use. My LHbS guy said he uses 3/4 but I see on here people are recomending 1/2. What differance does it make? I plan on starting with batch sparging but may change down the road. Any help would be appreciated.

I used 1/2" O.D. tubing, and it works fine. I think I could have even went with 3/8" with very little loss in sparge time.

I use 1/2" as well, works great. The larger size really won't make any difference except increased cost. Your draining speed is limited by the grain bed and the size of the valve you're draining through more than anything. Ultimately you can only pull so much liquid through the slots or holes in the manifold, it doesn't matter how large the pipe itself is.

Latest posts

Back