Nuptial Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkloos

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

With a lot of work on my new new brewstand, I haven't been brewing, BUT that will change soon!!!

I am getting married this June and Sarah and I would like to offer 22's of homebrew as favors for our guests. We will call said brew "Nuptial Ale" in honor of the big day.

I will be using my old all grain setup for the brew and will obviously need to bottle. I would love some suggestions as to what to brew.

I don't want anything too big or too hoppy (no IIPAs), but would like to brew something with a little something different... We will use 22oz brown glass with custom labels. We will need wbout 150 bottles...

That said, where are you guys sourcing your bottles on the cheap?

...and more importantly, would any of you like to make some suggestions as to what we should brew?

Many Thanks!

Bryan

Whoops... Just realized 150 22's would be close to 30 gallons... My new system wont even handle this. Lets adjust to 12oz bottles for the sake of sanity....

You can still make the 22's!!!! Thats only 3 weekends of brewing. I came across alot of my 22s from a beer tasting at a local beer store. My suggestion is that you find a place that serves beer in 22s and hit them up for thier bottles.

Although, my vote would be go buy a 150 22s and drink them!!!!

I made 8 batches of brew for my sister-in-law's wedding in September. Just took a few days to brew it all, once all my carboys were empty of course.

I made a Honey Wheat Ale. IMO, it is best to go with a Honey beer for weddings, the history is just perfect. ("honeymoon" supposedly comes from the tradition of supplying the new couple with a months worth of mead as a wedding gift, supposedly to ensure that the missus was knocked up in short order)

Back