Nothing but foam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zstewart123

Reaction score
i just cleaned my beer lines, faucet etc after my last keg. I hooked up my current keg and get nothing but large sputtering foam. I didn't change any settings or the length of the tubing. What could be the cause? I have tried to take apart the faucet thinking I messed something up but it looks right to me. FYI I have about 8 psi temp is 38 f and about 5 ft or so of tubing

Shot in the dark, but are you sure you have the faucet line connected to the BEER OUT post and that it has the dip tube on the correct post? It sounds like you might have the dip tubes on the wrong posts.

How did you force carb (what psi and for how long)?

If you force carbed at higher than serving pressure, did you bleed off pressure before you set to serving pressure?

Ok just checked and the lines are hooked up right and have the right diptubes in the right holes. I force carbed at 30 psi and shook the keg.I ve bleed the line and even took a flashlight to see if the beer in the keg was foamy, it wasn't.

I am having the same problem. I think it is a result of the force carbing. When you do the shake method, it is nearly impossible to get a handle on the carbonation level. I jacked my regulator up to 30psi and shook the keg for 2 minutes every hour for 3 hours. Then left it at that pressure overnight. The next day, I bled the pressure off the keg and set it to serving pressure. Now I have 1/2 beer, 1/2 head in my glass. I rectified the situation by lowering my serving pressure to 5psi. Sure it takes a little while to pour the pint, but it ends up the way I want it. If it weren't so difficult to stay out of the stuff, I would just go back to set & forget.

Latest posts

Back