Nothing but foam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandomBeerGuy

Reaction score
Hello my fellow brewers I am having an issue with my keg and only this batch. So I made a Cascade Pale Ale which is very tasty. I forced carbed it with 20psi for 3 minutes like I do every time with out issue. For some reason when I pour this brew through me keggerator it just fills my glass with foam only. I checked seals, tap, ect and I cant figure it out. Please help me get this brew back to normal. Thanks :mug:

I’m not sure 3 minutes on 20 psi is gonna do anything for you. Probably need more info on your temp, beer line length, etc. If you meant 30 min on 20 psi, at what temp was it? I’d say, even at 30 min I can’t believe you’ve carb the keg to over-foam. What size keg?

Well 20 psi is too high to dispense unless you have really long serving lines (or very small diameter). I usually dispense between 10-14 psi with 10 foot lines depending on style.

Also agree that 20 psi for 3 minutes would do very little to carbonate unless you are vigorously shaking. If you do that, you need to let it settle down quite a bit before serving. I would think you'd need hours, if not days at 20 psi to force carb w/o shaking?

Was this beer dry hopped? Possible you have a bit of hop stuck inside the valve/poppet? I've had that happen before, causing lots of foam...

And yeah, I can only assume you mean you shook the keg for ~3 minutes at 20psi. (and you're serving at a lower pressure than that)

So i got around to taking the keg stem out. It was clogged with hops. Thanks everyone. Cheers.

Dude, that sounds like an awesome beer. I wish i could have tried it!

Hell, i'm doing a hop-bursted IPA with some Amarillo and Cascade. 8 oz in the last 15 minutes. we should swap!

Dude, that sounds like an awesome beer. I wish i could have tried it!

Hell, i'm doing a hop-bursted IPA with some Amarillo and Cascade. 8 oz in the last 15 minutes. we should swap!

Heck yeah, I am also doing an armarillo and cascade ipa on monday. I still have some better stop by. Monday I'm brewing at Jeff's House you should brew with us if you dont work.

Hop bursted?

Hop Bursting is when you add alot of hops at a certain time instead of adding 1oz here 1oz there all at once. :rockin: I am doing my hop additions at 60, 40, 30, 20, 15, 10, 5. Dry Hop 1oz. Alternating hops every addition.

Latest posts

Back