Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll get some pictures to post. We have so many posters with their teams in the playoffs (well some were in ;)) and NO PICTURES!!

Monday night, Tropicana Field, Rays vs. Rangers, Game 3 (teams tied at 1-1). From my season seats. Section 108 Row R Seats 7&8 on the aisle. Iphone pics.

2011-10-03_at_16_49_31.jpg

2011-10-03_at_17_14_58.jpg

Monday night, Tropicana Field, Rays vs. Rangers, Game 3 (teams tied at 1-1). From my season seats. Section 108 Row R Seats 7&8 on the aisle. Iphone pics.

2011-10-03_at_16_49_31.jpg

2011-10-03_at_17_14_58.jpg

Wish I had pix to share from the 68 world series. I was more up the line, but directly behind all the Card's wives..... for a 16 year old on hormones it was the experience of a lifetime. I still remember those 20yr old St Louis Cardinal wives/girlfriends.I think we lost 10-1 in the rain,

Well, now that my Rays are out and the Dbacks forced game 5... looks like I am going for the DBacks...

I hope the Rangers make it for the AL though. That's a classy program. If we had to get knocked out, I am glad it was to them at least. (Still wish we beat their arses though. lol)

And yes, Rays fan attendance is pitiful. Florida is a terrible state to support sports teams because NO ONE IS FROM THERE. It might help a little to put the stadium in the city they are effing named for, rather than old fartsville St. Pete, but I doubt it.

I noticed the DBacks have the same problem here. Everyone is from somewhere else.

Classy? The manager is a coke head.

Hey! He only did coke once! Tried it during the Allstar break a couple of years ago. He said it so I believe it! :D

Either way, the Rangers are a very classy organization. And the one thing they have that most other teams don't, is a true spirit of team. There is not one person on that team that makes it about himself. These guys truly love each other and play as one unit. Gotta give credit where it's due Shecky!

Hey! He only did coke once! Tried it during the Allstar break a couple of years ago. He said it so I believe it! :D

Either way, the Rangers are a very classy organization. And the one thing they have that most other teams don't, is a true spirit of team. There is not one person on that team that makes it about himself. These guys truly love each other and play as one unit. Gotta give credit where it's due Shecky!

I like seeing Nolan at every game. I've always loved the video of a batter rushing him on the mound, and Nolan beating that fool until the rest of the teams joined in.

Yeah that was great moment. It was Robin Ventura's ass that got beat. Before every game they show video highlights of great Ranger plays, that one is always in there and get's the biggest cheers from the fans! It always makes me feel like we are a bunch of dumb rednecks for cheering at it, but it is a great baseball moment! ha

Yup. I gained a ton of respect for them when they clinched their division last year and had cider instead of champagne since one of their players was a recovering alcoholic...

Straight class there.

And what's wrong with cocaine? :D In all seriousness, that was a while ago, and lots of people used to do coke.

Yup. I gained a ton of respect for them when they clinched their division last year and had cider instead of champagne since one of their players was a recovering alcoholic...

Had to be Josh Hamilton. That dude is great, but nearly missed the biggies because of his past addictions. I think he's replaced that with family and religion. Good dude, likely to stay a great ball player for a long time if he stays healthy.

Had to be Josh Hamilton. That dude is great, but nearly missed the biggies because of his past addictions. I think he's replaced that with family and religion. Good dude, likely to stay a great ball player for a long time if he stays healthy.

Yup it was Hamilton. He had some serious issues in the past.

Real "classy" showing a video of a fight on the big screen... just sayin'.

Hey, it's a big time Ranger moment. And for a team with our history, we don't have many "unfogettable" moments!

I like seeing Nolan at every game. I've always loved the video of a batter rushing him on the mound, and Nolan beating that fool until the rest of the teams joined in.

After Nolan retired I sent him a note asking him what he thought about trying to throw a Javelin. I would have liked to see him give it a shot. Never did hear back from him.

After Nolan retired I sent him a note asking him what he thought about trying to throw a Javelin. I would have liked to see him give it a shot. Never did hear back from him.

haha that's funny!

Nolan is really cool guy. The big sports radio station here in Dallas has him on all the time. He is really funny. He's just a good ole country boy and has no problems making fun of himself for it. Big ole country boy or not, the man knows his baseball and he could murder the pope and this town wouldn't convict him!

haha that's funny!

Nolan is really cool guy. The big sports radio station here in Dallas has him on all the time. He is really funny. He's just a good ole country boy and has no problems making fun of himself for it. Big ole country boy or not, the man knows his baseball and he could murder the pope and this town wouldn't convict him!

But his spot on that Ace Hardware commercial is dumb.

Texas Rangers next. Should be a great series. I wish we won 1 more game during the regular season and had home field , but just happy to still be playing. Friday is going to be a great day for baseball in the NL.

Final post of the night... for those that don't know the Tigers or Jim Leyland, We are set for the next series, as best as we could be after going 5 games, unlike what Joe Girardi would have been. I thought he over managed.

No doubt. I love Josh Hamilton. You have to love a guy who beat the demons he beat.

I still think the Rangers win in spite of Ron Washington. :p

Sorry, Yankees fans, but:

tumblr_lshw4w5Thj1qhe380.png

I approve of this message.

Looking forward to having the Tigers in town this weekend. Looking more forward to the Rangers winning both games! All that said, there is no sweeter moment in baseball than A-roid getting the last out in the spankees last game of the year. Just like last year when he watched the last pitch fly over the plate at 98 mph from Neftali Feliz. Way to go Detroit. Bring it on!

We are set for the next series, as best as we could be after going 5 games, unlike what Joe Girardi would have been. I thought he over managed.

The stadium was not on his side last night, I can tell you that. Very few people in my section agreed with CC coming in. And god I wanted him to bunt Gardner with the bases loaded, but Girardi would never take a risk like that.

I'll put pictures up later tonight. I didn't get home until 2am. I even took one of Valverde set to throw the last pitch to MR. CLUTCH, A-Hole. I can proudly say I've stuck to my guns since 2004 - Arod brings nothing good any team. It's all about himself.

Funny thing.... I'm doing my usual pacing and decide to pop on the internet between the top and bottom of the ninth. I go to SI.com to get the boxscore, and there in the title page is the Headline "Tigers oust Yanks" with pictures and a story.. WTH? How much of a time delay is there? The game started at 8:07 right? I usually notice that there is a delay on the net but TV had to be 10 minutes behind last night.

Funny thing.... I'm doing my usual pacing and decide to pop on the internet between the top and bottom of the ninth. I go to SI.com to get the boxscore, and there in the title page is the Headline "Tigers oust Yanks" with pictures and a story.. WTH? How much of a time delay is there? The game started at 8:07 right? I usually notice that there is a delay on the net but TV had to be 10 minutes behind last night.

They probably felt safe posting that as soon as the Yankees had their 9th inning line-up in order.

They probably felt safe posting that as soon as the Yankees had their 9th inning line-up in order.

Yeah I did a "print screen" in case this was going to be a "Dewey defeats Truman" moment. I think what happened though is TBS put's in more commercials between innings and pitching changes, and gradually the game is more delayed. This was the first time it was so obvious. I remember before the 7-10 second delay was instituted on TV (so we wouldn't be freaked about Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction) it was nice to turn down the sound on national broadcast games and listen to the local radio channel while watching. But 10 minutes? I see some fan posts that say it might have been 20 minutes.

I remember before the 7-10 second delay was instituted on TV (so we wouldn't be freaked about Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction) it was nice to turn down the sound on national broadcast games and listen to the local radio channel while watching.

That tactic is used by almost every Yankees fan when we are forced to watch a Joe Buck commentated game!

Holy hell-

I just got hooked up with box tickets for tonights Brewrs game! My wife is driving to pick me up from work then trying like hell to get to the game near the start...

whirlwind

Yeah I did a "print screen" in case this was going to be a "Dewey defeats Truman" moment. I think what happened though is TBS put's in more commercials between innings and pitching changes, and gradually the game is more delayed. This was the first time it was so obvious. I remember before the 7-10 second delay was instituted on TV (so we wouldn't be freaked about Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction) it was nice to turn down the sound on national broadcast games and listen to the local radio channel while watching. But 10 minutes? I see some fan posts that say it might have been 20 minutes.

Were you watching on a DVR? Sometimes I'll pause a game for a few, forget, and later realize I'm 15 minutes behind (i.e., if I turn on another TV with the same game).

Holy hell-

I just got hooked up with box tickets for tonights Brewrs game! My wife is driving to pick me up from work then trying like hell to get to the game near the start...

whirlwind

Very cool. Hope you read this elated at home! (Assuming no HBT mobile access)

Were you watching on a DVR? Sometimes I'll pause a game for a few, forget, and later realize I'm 15 minutes behind (i.e., if I turn on another TV with the same game).

No, I was up to date. I checked. I watch a lot of TV 15 minutes behind and zip through commercials. If I catch up to real time I walk away and get behind again. But I was watching with my wife and son and we watched in real time the whole game.

3 outs to go. Earn your $ John! I got an old brewers hat from the 80's on for you.

Latest posts

Back