Not Enough Storage, Ever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_d_

Reaction score
I need a place to put all this beer, preferably two...

I would love to have one location at 50, and one at 35, but for now I think I should work on 50 and see what i learn.

My tiny house and small garage are pretty packed, and as I rent I won't be building a shed. I want to re-purpose a closet (or maybe the large above closet cupboard) to store corny kegs and cases of bottles at around 50 degrees.

It's an inside wall and there's no way i could use an a/c unit.

I live in manhattan beach, so I only need to cool the space a few degrees and keep stable, no heating will be necessary.

Any ideas on how i can cool this space? I've got an engineering background and would be happy to dismantle and hack whatever will make this possible.

Both of those systems would need to be mounted with half the hardware outside the unit. Not practical for a closet. If the entire system were in the closet it would actually raise the temp.

if i forget about cooing and just insulate super heavily that will get me stability, but where would my temp settle? I saw one guy online who did that an got 55, but some other guy went through all the work and ended up with 50.

Back