Northern VA home brewers get togehter - Cock and Bowl, Occoquan, VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheldon

Reaction score
I just spoke to Jackie at the Cock and Bowl (Belgian restaurant), Occoquan, VA. They are talking about having a NOVA home brewers get together sometime in the near future. I think that would be great as I have heard the food there is really good, and I know the beer selection (bottles) is awesome.

I plan on attending whenever it happens and hope others in the locale can joins. We can share and sample each others home brews and just have an evening talking about what we are doing to experiment in our great hobby.

Check their website and facebook for the event.

Cheers,

Sheldon

Knew I could count on you. BTW, the Abt 12 has been chugging away since around 8 last nite. Pretty quick start up and the storage basket with water is holding the temp at around 70.

The Herndon Wort Hogs have regular get togethers at Carpool in Herndon. Plus, there's a MD grain buy closeby you could get in on, also.

I plan on being there on the 23rd.
Had a great day sheeldon we will need to do it again.
Eric it was quit a learning experience and pleasure to meet you.
Will be seeing and talking to you both soon.

lol The Cock is the a quality establishment. Jackie is super friendly. I gotta give them credit for getting me interested in saisons and dubbles.

I currently live in Fairfax Station and grew up in Fairfax, yet I have never heard of the Cock and Bowl. Let me know when you all plan on going and I will make sure to be there. I've been looking for other brewers in the NOVA area!
Tim

I believe the next "meet up" is early March, usually around the first Wednesday. Hope to see some HBT'ers there.

Sheldon

this IS a home brewers gathering. We always bring our beers to share and sample. This is a small restaurant and the owners are very kewl folks. The meet up is scheduled for Wed March 7.

Mike, how were the REAL belgium beers, Josh and I are having our first tastings tomorrow as we brew.

Sheldon

Back