Northern Brewers Whit beer, anyone brew this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tlylebrew

Reaction score
Received a gift certificate for Northern Brewer for my birthday. Have a couple of bigger beers in secondary, plus a blackberry wheat, so I decided to go with something a little bit thinner, and opted for Nothern's Whit beer.

Has any one brewed this kit yet? I was curious as to how close it is to a BlueMoon clone? Did a search, but I never seem to get it to return the results I want.

I use the bitter and sweet orange peel in my Belgian Wit Bier brews. I will from time to time add some fresh lemon and orange zest to either the secondary or at boil time. I also up the corriander amount in my Wit creations.

Lots of ways to go with additions, so be creative, take notes and make changes as you move along.

Good Luck.

Salute! :mug:

Well it is in primary bubbling away.. And whether or not I have a Blue Moon clone or not, I know I will have beer! :)

I brewed the kit before, all grain version. it was very good, however i would have cut the bitter orange peel addition in half. it stood out too much IMO.

Well I think if I do it again, I would reduce it just by the info I've read about Blue Moon, but who knows I might like this better. I did crush the corriander, but other than that I brewed this per the instructions. Next Whit I will probably just go to my LHBS and buy the ingredients.

Back