Northern Brewere Dead Ringer Recipe Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakis

Reaction score
Hey,

I am planning on making the Dead Ringer recipe this weekend and just ordering my ingredients online from Ontario Beer Kegs. The recipe calls for 9.15 lbs Gold malt syrup. At Ontario Beer Kegs you can get LME in 3lb sizes. Would this recipe be much different if I only use 9 lbs of LME? Or if I get 12 lbs of LME, how long would an opened container of LME last, resealed of course.

Thanks,

Jake

I highly doubt 3/10 of a LBS of LME would give you a beer that is no good. I would say you would be just fine in the flavor. I have no idea how long LME would last once opened but I would stick it in the refrigerator and use it asap.

IMHO though you should just add the 9 lbs of LME and call it good.

Hey,

I am planning on making the Dead Ringer recipe this weekend and just ordering my ingredients online from Ontario Beer Kegs. The recipe calls for 9.15 lbs Gold malt syrup. At Ontario Beer Kegs you can get LME in 3lb sizes. Would this recipe be much different if I only use 9 lbs of LME? Or if I get 12 lbs of LME, how long would an opened container of LME last, resealed of course.

Thanks,

Jake
I think the only difference would be just a little lower ABV%. If you're want to keep it exactly the same, I'd add a little dry malt extract to make up the difference. I think the conversion would be 0.12 lb DME. It would be much easier to weight out the DME, and tou can store it much easier and longer than the LME.

Latest posts

Back