Northern Brewer deals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Screenshot_2021-05-10-16-31-32.png
Screenshot_2021-05-08-15-29-42.png

Got the email about the kits this morning. Picked up the shandy, tangerine ravine pale ale, and a fresh squished ipa kit all for $67 shipped. This isn't including yeast since I already have some inventoried but fresh squished is one of my favorites to brew so couldn't pass this deal up. The other two will be solids to have on tap as well.

Thanks kindly for posting this.

I decided to spring for the IPAs and the pale ale since I've been wanting to get back into US ales after a long time spent ignoring them.

I haven't used a kit since kits were a can with some stuff taped on top, but NBs ingredients and recipes look nice.

I'm going to have fun with these. Thanks again, sir!

Thanks kindly for posting this.

I decided to spring for the IPAs and the pale ale since I've been wanting to get back into US ales after a long time spent ignoring them.

I haven't used a kit since kits were a can with some stuff taped on top, but NBs ingredients and recipes look nice.

I'm going to have fun with these. Thanks again, sir!
I buy most of my brewing gear and about half of my beer kits from them. They are a great company and if something is wrong or missing they take care of it right away. Their Brew masters are really helpful about brewing tips. And no I don't get paid or anything for posting these. I just really like them and want to spread the joy !

So I brew 10 gallon batches. Has anyone ever bought 2 of their 5 gallon kits and brewed them together for a 10 gallon batch? Is there any reason not to try this?

I buy most of my brewing gear and about half of my beer kits from them. They are a great company and if something is wrong or missing they take care of it right away. Their Brew masters are really helpful about brewing tips. And no I don't get paid or anything for posting these. I just really like them and want to spread the joy !
I buy about half of my stuff from them as well. I'm within next day shipping and always had solid experiences as well. I've only bought one all grain kit (a 3G biab kit. I wish they still carried them. It was always a super easy way to ensure free shipping haha) from them though, and I've got a question. Do the grains come mixed together or bagged separately? While I can brew 5G batches, I tend to prefer half sized.

I buy about half of my stuff from them as well. I'm within next day shipping and always had solid experiences as well. I've only bought one all grain kit (a 3G biab kit. I wish they still carried them. It was always a super easy way to ensure free shipping haha) from them though, and I've got a question. Do the grains come mixed together or bagged separately? While I can brew 5G batches, I tend to prefer half sized.
The grains in the kits do come mixed but of course you can buy them separately crushed or un crushed. If you like a particular kit but want to scale it down just don't buy the kit. Read the grains and amount being used in that kit and order those grains in a lesser amount. I've done that when I just wanted 2.5 gallons. Or you can order the kit and just use half the grains.

So I brew 10 gallon batches. Has anyone ever bought 2 of their 5 gallon kits and brewed them together for a 10 gallon batch? Is there any reason not to try this?
No but goes to figure..double kits will be 10 gallons. I've ordered kits and just used half of the kit for 2.5 gallon batches so going the opposite way is just as good I'm sure. I have a 5 gal and 3 gal keg so I make 5 and 3 gallon. For 3 gallon batches I just use half a kit and scale it up from 2.5 by adding extra grains from the LHBS. 2 kits to make 10 gal batches will probably work out fine. I do tend to use their kits as a base and add more grains/specialty grains depending on what I'm trying to achieve. But their grains always arrive fresh and nicely crushed.

Kegging equipment code DRAFT did not work for me.
Sorry to hear that. It was probably over by the time you tried. Sometimes the codes work for a few days, sometimes only 1 day. Just keep your eyes peeled on the Northern Brewer site. They give codes out on a regular basis.

Hi All!!
Don't forget Norther Brewer's sister site, Midwest Supplies. They don't seem to have the same online presents but they ship out of the same warehouse. I don't get the same email blasts from them as I do from NB but a lot of the time they run the same sales. Also NB's min. "free" shipping is lower than MS's. But,,, day to day Midwest is cheaper for the most part.
I did a compare shop, same stuff, NB vs MS and the difference was $32.47. (167.66/135.19). I'm not pushing one for the other, just saying you need to just keep an eye on every place you spend your $$.
Cheers! :mug:
Joel B.

If you guys are buying the all-grain kits, be sure to weigh the grist they send you. I'm doing the Dead Ringer kit today which should consist of 11lbs of 2-row and a pound of C40. I weighed the grist and it came in at 11lbs, 4oz. I confirmed the calibration on my scale, still 11lbs, 4oz. Not a huge deal, I made up the deficit from my base malt stocks.

Didn't really think to do that. I'm not the most computer savvy person 😕. Retired old fart. I thought folks could just copy down the code and then head on over to Northern Brewer website.

If you guys are buying the all-grain kits, be sure to weigh the grist they send you. I'm doing the Dead Ringer kit today which should consist of 11lbs of 2-row and a pound of C40. I weighed the grist and it came in at 11lbs, 4oz. I confirmed the calibration on my scale, still 11lbs, 4oz. Not a huge deal, I made up the deficit from my base malt stocks.
Let them know. I've never had any problems with customer service if something wasn't right.

Well damn. Getting ready to brew the Fresh Squished kit and go to mash in and realize they sent me the Dead Ringer grain and the Fresh Squished hops.

Back