Northern Brewer 1-Day Sale (TODAY ONLY)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skep18

Reaction score
They have 3 kits available for $14.92 in honor of Columbus day. Does not include yeast I don't think, but still an amazing deal IMO. I ordered 4 kits myself.

Just put the optional kit(s) in your cart and enter promo code "PINTAPINT"

Northern Brewer 1-Day Columbus Day Sale

EDIT: Just FYI, the "fine print" reads, "Offer valid 24 hours online only through Midnight CST on 10/14/2013 or while supplies last. Special price does not include yeast or priming sugar. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers, promotions or discounts."

I brewed 10 gallons of the Chinook IPA (all grain recipe) a few months back. It didn't last long. Great simple recipe. Chinook is a great hop.

I brewed 10 gallons of the Chinook IPA (all grain recipe) a few months back. It didn't last long. Great simple recipe. Chinook is a great hop.

Yea, I ordered multiples of this one. At $15, that's half off.

If only the shipping charges weren't so outrageous.

Idk, my LHBS sells kits for $45-$55. I bought multiple kits and my shipping came out to $17. Like all things on the internet, it has to be shipped and that costs money. At ~$5/kit, I thought it was a good deal. I guess my personal advice, take it or not, buy multiple things when you buy anything online to offset the shipping costs.

I know Austing Homebre does "free" shipping on kits, but their kits also typically cost more too, hence shipping charges.

I put in 3 kits and it was $19.99 shipping. that's crazy when I can goto Austin and its free shipping on kits right now and $6.99 flat rate for anything else.
@ nb I added a few stoppers, plastic bottle filler, 1 more kit and its now $25 shipping. wtf

I looked at it earlier today and thought the $15 Chinook IPA looked like a good deal. However the shipping for me was $11, so I decided to pass. After reading this thread I saw I could get the discount on more than one kit, so I ordered 2. Shipping is still outragious, but not as bad.

I have not brewed an extract for 30 years, so this should be fun. :cross:

I put in 3 kits and it was $19.99 shipping. that's crazy when I can goto Austin and its free shipping on kits right now and $6.99 flat rate for anything else.
@ nb I added a few stoppers, plastic bottle filler, 1 more kit and its now $25 shipping. wtf

I looked at it earlier today and thought the $15 Chinook IPA looked like a good deal. However the shipping for me was $11, so I decided to pass. After reading this thread I saw I could get the discount on more than one kit, so I ordered 2. Shipping is still outragious, but not as bad.

I have not brewed an extract for 30 years, so this should be fun. :cross:

Haha, well, sounds like I might be out of perspective on my shipping charges, lol.

I bought 4 kits and some yeast nutrient and paid $17 shipping. $19.17/kit shipped felt like a good deal to me.

Just a disclaimer, I'm totally not trying to be a NB spokesperson here, lol.

This may be out of place but I switched from Midwest/NB a few months ago to Austin and couldn't be happier.

This may be out of place but I switched from Midwest/NB a few months ago to Austin and couldn't be happier.

I wish Austin provided some more information on recipe ingredients on their site like NB does, however, I could understand why a company wouldn't do that.

Just grabbed the Chinook IPA kit. When i checked out it showed the yeast in the cart...if it doesn't include it, i can just run out and grab some from the LHBS.

Just grabbed the Chinook IPA kit. When i checked out it showed the yeast in the cart...if it doesn't include it, i can just run out and grab some from the LHBS.

If you don't select the "none" option on yeast, it includes a dry pack.

I purchased 2 Nut Brown and 1 IPA. It does suck that they changed their shipping prices. However they did say that this allowed them to lower their prices on some items. I have never seen Northern Brewer offer such a great sale as $14.92 kits so maybe this is the start of better Sale Offers from them.
Shipping was only $12 for the 3 kits I ordered becuse they are only shipping from MN to KS.

I purchased 2 Nut Brown and 1 IPA. It does suck that they changed their shipping prices. However they did say that this allowed them to lower their prices on some items. I have never seen Northern Brewer offer such a great sale as $14.92 kits so maybe this is the start of better Sale Offers from them.
Shipping was only $12 for the 3 kits I ordered becuse they are only shipping from MN to KS.

I ordered as well. I spoke with customer service as my order reads "pending fulfillment" and they said, "I will definitely get my order filled." I was worried because they said, "they got 4-5000 orders yesterday" and I knew it was while supplies last and being I ordered 4, I didn't know if there was a limit or something. Either way, the guy reassured I'd get the order. Said due to volume, it could take 1-1.5 weeks, but then I gave my order number and given I ordered early (1 hour after advertisement release) I was 30th in line. Hope to get it soon!

Well i was concerned before, but after reading that I'll just hang tight. I got a bit worried when I didn't see any kind of confirmation email but the money was pending. Thanks for the post!

Exactly. I go to NB get the recipe n then get the stuff at Austin.

I do this also. I like the NB recipes for info. I then use Beersmith2 and make adjustments to suit and shop around for the ingredients.

Northern Brewer used to be hard to beat, now I rarely order from them.

Farmhouse Brewing Supply has also become one of my favorites.
http://www.farmhousebrewingsupply.com/

Mine has shipped. I have ordered from NB twice since they have changed their shipping prices and both times they have shipped the very next day. Before it was a 2-3 day wait before they shipped.

I ordered 2 ipa kits & a smack pack and shipping was $11 to TN. Not too bad.

I rarely shop at NB, mostly because of their prices, but couldn't pass this up. It will be nice to cut 2 hours off my brew day for once.

2014 version. I ordered 3 kits and they all shipped for $7.99. Each kit comes with 6 pounds of LME, which is worth 15 dollars by itself, making the specialty grains and hops freebies (The SMaSH kit has 3 oz of Simcoe). I can make my own recipes.

I am also confused as to why they never offer all grain options! Its cheaper!

Because of the volume of orders they get during sales it is difficult to get all of the grain crushed and packaged for the kits as opposed to just putting in extract. Midwest came on the forums one time and explained why you always see sales for extract kits.

should check out shipping to 99574 then you will think 19.99 is a good deal. wish i could pay that for shipping

should check out shipping to 99574 then you will think 19.99 is a good deal. wish i could pay that for shipping

Awwww Alaska. I always hated when lower 48 companies said "we don't ship to AK" But the US post office has no extra charges and UPS/fedEx etc all ship there at ground rates. Why not? All you have to do is put it in the mail!

My bro was quoted $1500 to ship 4 tires to Sterling, AK. I shipped them here and then up to him myself for $500 total! Maybe you need a beer kit buddy?

I got two of the Irish red ales and one of the nut brown. If I had seen the simcoe on the IPA I would've grabbed one of those. Got mine all shipped for 7.99.

Granted I live only about 1 and 1/2 hours from their physical store...

I only ordered mine for the 18lbs of LME, the extra hops are a bonus. But I'm totally not making the recipe from the kit, I'm using the hops for some pale ale or bitter, the specialty grains will probably be used in an all-grain stout I'm planning, and the extracts will all be used to make extract/all-grain batches of a barleywine/belgian dark strong/double IPA so I can make them 5 gallons (usually beers greater than 1.080 I have to do a 3 gallon batch or it won't fit in my equipment). Pretty damn good deal when you consider the 6lb bottles of LME are 16$ to start, the hops and specialty grains are practically free.

we do that a lot ship to family members and then they ship up to us. crazy how much they raise the shipping price to get stuff up here

Awwww Alaska. I always hated when lower 48 companies said "we don't ship to AK" But the US post office has no extra charges and UPS/fedEx etc all ship there at ground rates. Why not? All you have to do is put it in the mail!

My bro was quoted $1500 to ship 4 tires to Sterling, AK. I shipped them here and then up to him myself for $500 total! Maybe you need a beer kit buddy?

Back