North Wall Brewing Electric Brewery Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey. Sweet space man. Can you do me a huge favor and take a photo of how that volt/amp meter was installed? Did you extend the wires on the little coil doohicky and just run one main hot leg through it? I guess if you answer my questions I don't really need the photo... My panel is nearly wired and I want to be sure these last pieces are done correctly. Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply - and maybe you've already done yours, but it was really easy. Just put the donut (you'll have to extend the wires if you got the same one as I did) around the HOT wire coming out of the MAIN power relay. There is a good picture here (not mine):

http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=300001#300001

Anyway - it's a great little meter - works well and east to install. The fact that it doesn't match my standalone meter doesn't even bother me anymore.

Success! I completed the tile work over the last week or two and my electric brewery is officially, officially complete.

qObjORel.jpg

Er3DVPXl.jpg

wvTyS9El.jpg

This project was a lot of fun to put together over the past year (almost to the day). I brewed my first "official" beer with the completed system last night and it is just a dream to brew on. My workshop has never been so clean because instead of stressing over temperatures and manually sparging, I had a lot of spare time!

Big thanks to Kal and all of you forum folk for the plans and advice and answers to my many question

CHEERS!

Do you have any issues with water condensing on your hood and dripping?

It condensed a little bit, but only in one corner where it dripped harmlessly on the concrete floor. Where I have a real condensation issue is in the fan itself. It drips like Niagara Falls when the boil is on. And it's still summer and my garage is warm. I understand this is pretty common though.

I also reduced the vent from 6" to 4" (have you ever priced out a 6" hole saw?!) but I am thinking I may have to redo this to get more flow, as there was a good bit of steam that escaped the hood as I was boiling.

Back