north nj/ny groupbuy #3 April/May

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkov

Reaction score
If we get the full pallet(42sacks), delivery/shipping/fees usually works out to $3-4 per sack. Brands/Prices are listed on the website.

current list:
Josh: 12
Airborneguy: 1 Baird's Maris Otter, 1 cmc 2row, 1 cmc wheat
Rommelmagic: 2 Franco Belges Pils, 1 cmc Munich(split with lenny) + (1/2 vienna split with jo), (1/3 rice hulls split)
Fl93: 2 cmc 2row
Jomarky: 1 franco pilsen, 1 TF GP, 1 franco vienna(1/2 split with rom), (1/3 rice hulls)
Fineexampl: 1 TF golden promise, +(1/2wheat split with frogman)
IanP: 1 bairds MO
samjessin: 1 cmc 2row
springer: 1 bairds MO, 1 cmc Wheat, 1 pilsner, 1 ricehulls(1/3 split with jo, rommel)
lenny: 1 BM Pils +(half munich with rommel)
frogman:1 Fawcett's MO, 1 Best pils, 2 cmc2row, 1 cmc wheat(split with fineexampl)
Krelja: 2 cmc 2row
bender: 4 TF MO

current total: 42

-Unless something changes, delivery looks like it will be at the Defiant Brewing Company in Pearl River, NY. The owner, Neill Acer, has set a few restrictions -
(1) bring a couple of your brews (if you have any)
(2) Delivery from NCM will need to be sometime after 2pm on a weekday (probably during the earlier part of the week)
(3) try to get your grain as close as possible to the delivery date, most preferably on a non-weekend date

As an added benefit of having delivery at a brewpub you have the option of a couple pints after lugging your sack(s). The place is open at least until 10pm.

password is: greatmalt
http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/pricing/index.asp

Note: looks like the pallet is currently full. some people i wasnt sure what brand you wanted so i just guessed or used the cheapest. i can change it though.

groupbuy-2.jpg

its probably a good idea if everyone double checks there order to make sure its correct and the right price

If you want to save yourself a bazillion headaches, pick one brand per variety. It's a hassle to manage three different kinds of Maris, three different pils, etc on a full pallet. I doubt anyone would back out if they had to get TF instead of Bairds, etc.

I don't know enough about brands to have a preference, but have been persuaded to change my order to non-crushed. Thanks for organizing!

I would be in for

1 MO

1 wheat

may add to this I need to check what I have left .

Anyone want to split a bag of rice hulls ?

For my order I'll have:

1 bag franco-belg Pilsen malt
1 bag TF golden promise.

Would anyone be interested in splitting a bag of Vienna, I would be up for either taking half of it or two thirds of it, i'll leave it up for whoever decides they want part of it.

Edit: Springer, I'll do that with you, 50/50?

I've also asked the guys from MASH at USMA West Point if they wanted in and so far it looks like 1-3 sacks. I'll let the group know once I do.

EDIT: JoMARKY & Springer: willing to go thirds on those hulls?
JoMARKY: I'll go in on the Vienna with ya 50/50. Let me know

I've also asked the guys from MASH at USMA West Point if they wanted in and so far it looks like 1-3 sacks. I'll let the group know once I do.

EDIT: JoMARKY & Springer: willing to go thirds on those hulls?
JoMARKY: I'll go in on the Vienna with ya 50/50. Let me know

Rommel, sounds good on the vienna, and I'd be willing to go thirds on the hulls. If springer wants a full half, I will split my half with you so we each get a quarter of the bag.

Also, do you remember which member had the connection to the equipment rental place on rte 17 that we used 2 group buys ago?

Rommel, sounds good on the vienna, and I'd be willing to go thirds on the hulls. If springer wants a full half, I will split my half with you so we each get a quarter of the bag.

Also, do you remember which member had the connection to the equipment rental place on rte 17 that we used 2 group buys ago?

Cool on the splits -> 50/50 on Vienna and 33/33/33 for the hulls.

As far as the rental place, I've sent an IM to the owners brother who I don't think is on this forum. (He's on Brews Bros.) I'll let you all know.

On a side note its very hard if not impossible for me to get out my place of business during business hours . So I would need a Saturday pick up or someone to pick up my stuff and I will come to their place for it .

On a side note its very hard if not impossible for me to get out my place of business during business hours . So I would need a Saturday pick up or someone to pick up my stuff and I will come to their place for it .

I'm just across and south down the river from you. I have no problem picking up for ya if needed (you're not getting a gazillion pounds or anything I hope)

What is the website? It is not listed in the first post. Maybe I'll get in on this.

Same deal for me, coming from upstate NY and a saturday would be best. Thats what was great about the rental place, I think delivery was on a friday morning and the guy said just have it all picked up by the time we close sunday. Hopefully the guy from brewbros will want in on this buy as well.

If the pickup location is within 30 minutes of Poughkeepsie, NY ill be in for 50lb Breiss Light DME.

Same deal for me, coming from upstate NY and a saturday would be best. Thats what was great about the rental place, I think delivery was on a friday morning and the guy said just have it all picked up by the time we close sunday. Hopefully the guy from brewbros will want in on this buy as well.

It's not just him, but his brother who owns the place. Plus the forklift he had didn't have any brakes to really speak of and the transmission seemed to be going too. It was a little scary watching it. If everyone in on this buy can brainstorm a bit for a place that can seem mutually beneficial (as much in the middle as possible so to speak) to everyone as far as a drop off point it could make it easier on us.

EDIT: JoMarky, if necessary, I could always pick up for you and you can get it from me.

Does the site have to have a forklift? I have a commercial site available anytime 7 days a week but no forklift.

No, but there is an extra charge if you don't have one. The maximum for the charge is 75 dollars. Maximum shipping is 115 to a jersey address, 85 to a NY address.

if the brewbros location doesnt work out, i might be able to get access to a place in caldwell, nj(northern nj suburbs, about 20-30mins from nyc) with a loading dock and fork lifts. pickup time/day would be casual(come any time during that week/weekend)

but i would have to ask a friend so im not positive. i would rather wait to ask untill we know and make sure that part of NJ would work for everyone

I've asked Neill Acer at Defiant Brewing Co in Pearl River, NY if we could use his place. On the stipulation of some homebrew, we can use his place. Plus, it's a brewery so you can rest and have a pint or two after lifting those heavy sacks. Also, if he is there when you pick up, you can have him try whatever you have and provide some feedback.

I'd be in for a sack if Defiant is the pick-up. Neil is a great guy and loves trying other peoples beers. He has some tasty brews himself.

I have never heard of Defiant, but it's near the outlets and that means i can talk the wife into taking a drive.

I haven't been on the forum for a couple weeks and just got up to speed with the new group buy. I'm happy to see it moving forward! I'll do some thinking and put together an order. I'd guess we'll want 5-8 sacks.

Thanks for taking on the organization effort, bkov! And the Defiant idea sounds great!

bkov I'd like:

one sack Franco Belges Pils
Plus, I'm in on 1/3 rice hulls with JoMarky & Springer AND 1/2 Vienna with JoMarky

I'm also trying to get some more details from Neill Acer about a Defiant delivery location. So far he said that anytime after 2pm, weekdays however he didn't specify if that was simply for the delivery or if he wanted everyone to get their sacks the day of delivery, etc. My club meets there Wednesday so hopefully I'll get to see him and get more details.

Hello there... New to the board... Ken hipped me to the bulk grain order... Have you placed the order yet? I'm one of the West Point guys he mentioned... I think I"m interested as well... Thanks!
Shane

So, for the people more familiar with the details, is there a way to eyeball a ETA on the totals and pickup day?

Latest posts

Back