North Dallas-

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomHanx

Reaction score
I could have put this in whats your favorite bar/put section i guess but I'm looking for a beer store not a bar or pub and figured I might get more responses here.

What's a REALLY good beer store in the north Dallas area? I'm in Mckinney so like Plano, Frisco, Allen etc areas. Looking for something with a near rediculous beer selection.

The best I have found is Market Street in Frisco (DNT & Eldorado). Pretty good selection of 4 and 6 packs along with a pretty big single bottle selection.

I always go to S and K off 75 and Spring Creek. It has the best selection around. You often have to ask to get the more limited releases, but show your face enough, and you'll get all the rare beers before they make it to the shelf.

Also, Kegs and Barrels off of 15th and Alma has a great selection...more Belgians than most places around.

I like central market, they don't have anything super rare, but a lot of great stuff

+1 S&K

I called about Rahr Winter Warmer - 2 days later they have a case. And I got a 6pack to try it. I called about St Arnolds farmer (something) 30 minutes later he calls back, "I just got off the phone with Kathy (local distributor, sample provider, etc) and they only have that in kegs..."

Quite responsive. Better selection than Keg & Barrel. Better prices than Mr G's.

+1 Mr. G's on their sandwiches for lunch.

Another vote for S&K. Just ride down 75 and hop off at the Legacy/Spring Creek exit; it's on your right just before the traffic light. The owner is super friendly as are all the employees; I've never walked in without being greeted (it's almost annoying). The new arrivals are always in a little display at the south end of the store. They probably don't have absolutely everything (no one ever seems to), but I've never walked in with the intent to buy and left empty-handed--and it definitely has more options than, say, the Plano Central Market. Lots of singles. There's always some stuff marked down, too, especially 12-packs and the like.

Adam01, I keep seeing the sign at Mr. G's that their deli has a Zagat rating. Are there any particular sandwiches that you would recommend? Every time I drive by there, I remember I keep meaning to try it.

+1 S&K

I called about Rahr Winter Warmer - 2 days later they have a case. And I got a 6pack to try it. I called about St Arnolds farmer (something) 30 minutes later he calls back, "I just got off the phone with Kathy (local distributor, sample provider, etc) and they only have that in kegs..."

Quite responsive. Better selection than Keg & Barrel. Better prices than Mr G's.

+1 Mr. G's on their sandwiches for lunch.

Yeah, I always go with S&K. As good a selection as Mr. G's and better prices...really nice and helpful staff too.

Back