Noobie in SoCal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stile2

Reaction score
Hello from SoCal. Will be starting my first batch tomorrow. 3 friends and I found a great deal on a gravity feed system for $800, couldn't pass it up for $200 each!!!!

Welcome to the forums. Not sure what all you got in the system but yeah sounds like it was a good deal. Again welcome!

We got a 3 tiered gravity system with burners, 3 large (~13 gallons, so 50 liter) kettles (two with thermometers, one with a sight gauge), Oxygenator set up, 2- 5 gallon kegs, 3 smaller kegs, bottle dryer, spoons, etc, etc. I think we got a pretty good deal. Plus with 5 of us involved costs are kept to a minimum.

We are in process of buying a 21 cu ft chest freezer to use as a fermenter.

We actually have a signed contract between the five of us, for terms about selling share, use time, etc.

Any good deals on "coke" corny kegs in SoCal. Found a good deal but the shipping from Ohio killed it!

Welcome fellow SoCaler!

I think MoreBeer has a pretty good deal on used corny kegs since it includes free shipping.

Hello! Complete noob here, also in SoCal. My wife decided to get me a new hobby for Christmas so she bought me a home brew kit from Monsterbrew.com

Welcome, great wife you've got there!! After you try the Beer Kit that came with your gift look at morebeer.com. They have got over 80 different Extract Kits, most in the $28-40 range. And they are located in Riverside, so fairly local. I am getting tired of looking online and then finding the shipping is from Ohio or somewhere.

Back