Noobie and loving it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

24ChainsDG

Reaction score
I started posting a lot of photos and other things to my "announcement" thred and thought I would startd a new one to log and share the happs with my hops.

Firstly I was luckey to recieve a kegging kit from a buddy who has to many other projects and has lost the brewing bug. This kit is bitter sweet as everything had been sitting for years and most everything had to be cleaned, disassembled and re construted.
Kit-
6.5 gal glass carboy
6 gal glass carboy
5 gal glass carboy
Wort chiller
Bottling bucket
Syphon rod
3 corney kegs (NaSty)
5# cO2.
All hoses replaced, co2 was 10 years out of date and don't ask about how clean the rest was.. the lhbs show now not only knows me by name but knows the "Kit"

So the good.. I scored a danby412bls (I belive that is the model) off craigslist and since have done the kegerator conversion which was both easy and awesome. First brew ( rivers bend nut brown ale) had its hiccups and various learning points but all and all came out great.
Now I have a Black IPA on deck. As a noobie I wanted to thank those whos input all over this forum for all the insight and advise

ForumRunner_20130205_185424.jpg

ForumRunner_20130205_185611.jpg

Holy hell... I came home to find my yeast having a party..

ForumRunner_20130206_221146.jpg

Insert big ole blow off tube and listen to it fart like crazy.. this brew is already making me thirsty

ForumRunner_20130206_221247.jpg

Back