Noob with ambitions of kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsicloneRN

Reaction score
Is there any way to build a kegerator with 3 taps that can hold 3 corneys with all the gear for $300 or am I in dreamland. If not whats the next best thing I can look forward to? Thanks

Keep looking if you don't find what you want. Personally I think a ready made keggerator would be the bomb. And they will hold more kegs. All depends on how many taps you want. Look around on craigslist you might find a steal. Of course a good used refigerator works well to!

Well, I spent $200 or so just on my kegging setup, let alone my kegerator. The biggest expense was the regulator and CO2 tank so I don't know how much you can save there.

My Kegerator cost about $400 but then, I bought the fridge and draft tower new (I'm not much of a Craigslist bargain hunter) so I'm sure you could do better here.

Thanks for the replies. I was wondering if anyone could point me to a conversion kit for a normal fridge with everything I'd need for at least 2 taps. Thanks for looking.:drunk:

Psiclone said:
http://reno.craigslist.org/for/397972064.html

What do you guys think of this? It only has sanke fittings so would I need to buy extras for corneys? How many could I fit in this setup?

It is similar to my Haier Kegerator. You should be able to fit 3 cornies in there. I took the tower off mine and sold it and SWMBO gave me a 3 faucet tower for my BD last year. Works great with 3 faucets.

Ok im under the impression that the sanke connection is not going to fit with the corney kegs. Is it possible for me to modify this system to fit the corneys with the current tubing system? Thanks

Yes.

Cut off the Sankey fitting and hose clamp corny connectors.
You can also by some QD's if you think that you might switch between Sankey and Corny.

ball-disconnects.jpg

Latest posts

Back