Nonstick Pot for Starter Wort?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weezknight

Reaction score
I really don't feel like boiling up a minute amount of starter wort in my 5 gallon SS BK. The only other pots/pans in the house are the Non-stick variety. Any reason why I shouldn't use one of these for 1-1.5L of wort?

While buying a non stick cookware, the first thing that needs to be checked is the coating which is used.Non stick cookwares coated with Teflon is harmful for Human Body. It has a substance called Carcinogen which can initiate cancer. There are several coating which are 100% natural.Ecolon is one of them. Neoflam is manufacturing non stick cookwares coated with Ecolon.

While buying a non stick cookware, the first thing that needs to be checked is the coating which is used.Non stick cookwares coated with Teflon is harmful for Human Body. It has a substance called Carcinogen which can initiate cancer. There are several coating which are 100% natural.Ecolon is one of them. Neoflam is manufacturing non stick cookwares coated with Ecolon.

Teflon coated pots are still approved by the FDA and are only harmful to humans if they are heated past a certain point (~500 degrees farenheight) which is much higher than any of the cook tops will be. Having said that, I am always for all natural products.

Teflon coated pots are still approved by the FDA and are only harmful to humans if they are heated past a certain point (~500 degrees farenheight) which is much higher than any of the cook tops will be. Having said that, I am always for all natural products.

Uh, that was spam.

Latest posts

Back