non alcholic beer possible at home

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agsensi

Reaction score
Is there a way to do this have a friend that loves beer but is alargic to alchol

From my understanding of the process, it would be difficult @ home based on professional methods.

If I took a try, i would transfer the beer from fermenter to a CO2 purged kettle. Heat and hold between alcohol boil temp and water boil temp. Maintain a CO2 blanket during the process. Chill and force carb.

Have it tested by a lab for alcohol before giving to your friend. God knows how it will taste...

You can do a search of the other threads in this forum on the topic and come up with a lot of information. You should check out this BYO article about low alcohol brewing (I don't know if your alcohol has to be completely alcohol free or not). Additionally, is it the alcohol that your friend is allergic to, or is it the gluten? Because people make gluten free beers on here as well, if that happens to be the case.

I tryed it as I only love the taste of beer and not the alcohol. Tryed burning it out at a low temp for 60 minutes and also tryed putting beer into the oven for 30 minutes at a 180F. The only thing that truely worked was boiling it, but the final product was TRUELY undrinkable. I started a thread on this idea a long time ago if you want to check it out.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/homebrew-experiment-burning-alcohol-out-249243/index2.html

If you manage to get results please do let me know how you did it.

thanks!

Cheers!

You could try using a venturi device ( Aspirator (pump) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) to create a partial vacuum while you heated it. Alcohol's boiling point stays lower than water at lower pressures. No need to worry about oxidation, as it wouldn't be exposed to the air.

No guarantees as to how it would taste, as I doubt you could get all the way down to the 95% (?) vacuum required to get the boiling point to room temp, but the cooler the beer is when boiled, the less flavor distortion there would be.

Back