No Treetop Apple Juice :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Striker169

Reaction score
So I am origonally from Austin, and over the summer I started brewing and I was able to just get Treetop apple juice at Sams, but now that I am back in school in Mississippi, I cant seem to find it. Is there anywhere online to buy it? Or can anyone recomend some other alternatives they have used?

I have used Motts (vitamin C added). Worked very well. I believe I bought from Target at $3-4/gallon.

Yeah just go to Sam's Club or so ... there is plenty of different stuff available. If you don't have a Sam's Club card try BJ's (if you have that in MO) or just any other grocery store

If you have a super Wal-Mart around they sell 3 qt jugs of "Great Value" apple juice. The ingredients read "Apple Juice from concentrate, filtered water with ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)". It's a couple bucks per jug.

I think the reasons that the juices are "from concentrate" is so that they can water them down. The premium juices have a much stronger taste. Make up for that by adding some frozen concentrate.

Sir Humpsalot said:
I think the reasons that the juices are "from concentrate" is so that they can water them down. The premium juices have a much stronger taste. Make up for that by adding some frozen concentrate.
It is possible, but the main reason inexpensive juices are from concentrate is that it is easier to store and transport concentrate than it is fresh fruit. I guessing it is the process that reduces the flavor more than the concentration.
Craig

Back