No response from Brewershardware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

interplexr

Reaction score
Hi all,

Placed an order a couple weeks ago with Brewershardware for a bunch of tri clover hardware. A butterfly valve was not shipped with my order and now I can't get any response. I was charged but nothing. It doesn't say backordered. Does anyone know of a better way to get a hold of Derrin? Is this common?

Thanks

Derrin has always been prompt and never failed to fulfill any order for me... whenever I have emailed him I have almost always had a response within an hour.

I have ordered tri-clover items from Derrin many times and I have never once had any issues. Even when an item was on back order I received it as soon as it was back in stock. Try e-mailing him again. If you left him a message on his website, sometimes the site locks up and you have to send the message again. What ever the issue Derrin will make it right in the end. He is very ethical and cares about satisfying his customers and fellow home brewers. I would e-mail him again, send him your cell phone he may just call you!

I ordered once from Derrin, and had a similar problem. Some stuff was out of stock, but this was not clear from the website, at least not to me. Anyway, it took like an extra ten days, but Derrin did make everything right. And at times, it did take him more than a day to respond to an email. He was busy getting in an order or something. But my point is, Derrin is a good guy, and will make your order right. Just give him a little time. Not to worry.:ban:

I've emailed the only email address I have which is [email protected] off the invoice. I've also PM'ed him on here with no response from any. I've emailed questions to his site before with no response on any. Makes me wonder if it's just me then..... I just want to figure out what's going on because he's got a great site with great prices and selection and I want to order more stuff in the future but when you're out money and have got no response for nearly 2 weeks it makes you hesitate....

I've also order from Derrin and had very prompt delivery. Unfortunately he sent me a wrong part, and despite multiple emails promising that he would send the right one (and let me keep the nice but totally useless extra hex nipple) it never did arrive. Eventually i gave up and bought one locally because I wasn't going to wait around a few extra weeks for a $7 part. I had no problems reaching him via email though. There are many people on HBT that order from him and have had no problems whatsoever, but I wanted to chime in with my experience.

He's a one man show. Just give him a bit.

His shop must be booming. Look at all the cool stuff he has.

I used to use him for all my custom weld parts. I don't need any more now really, but at the end, he was tough to nail down on the project cause he's so busy. Always saying he needed to take a hiatus from the really custom stuff. Man, I need to take some welding classes...

I hope it was just his shop is booming. You can't beat the prices anywhere else I can find or the slick stuff like the RIM's tube, trub filter, etc that I haven't seen anywhere else. I just got a response so hopefully I can get my issue resolved. I've got a lot more to get!

Back