Quantcast

No Frills SS 10 gallon pot

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

HopOnHops

Reaction score
Im in the market for a new kettle. Ive had a cheap 10 gallon SS pot i got from downtown LA for about a year now and an attached bottom later is warping strangely during the heat/cool cycles it experiences.

I want a solid, no frills stainless 40qt/10gal brew pot. I can make all the upgrades and fittings myself. Any recommendations?

lonetexan

Reaction score
Im in the market for a new kettle. Ive had a cheap 10 gallon SS pot i got from downtown LA for about a year now and an attached bottom later is warping strangely during the heat/cool cycles it experiences.

I want a solid, no frills stainless 40qt/10gal brew pot. I can make all the upgrades and fittings myself. Any recommendations?
Try this on for size:
http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/update-international/sps-40/p5176.aspx

I have an aluminum 80 qt pot made by the same folks. Quality brewpot for what I needed. I have had it for several years now.

movet22

Reaction score

Goose5

Reaction score
I bought a 10 gallon kettle from Spike Brewing with the valve. Love it. Good price too.

Concho

Reaction score
The pots Ajgeo was talking about, I just ordered with that same seller. He worked with me to ship a 50qt and a 60qt together to save me some money on shipping. I'm supposed to get them in the 15th, I'll let you know how they look.

OP
H

HopOnHops

Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone

yes, Concho. please let me know how they are. I want something sturdy that wont dent/ding easily

Concho

Reaction score
Got my pots in today and all I can say is Wow. I got a 50qt and 60qt from stereo345 for $170. These pots are thick, heavy and look great. I highly recommend them. If you have any questions he is pretty quick to answer.