No Carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashrivers86

Reaction score
So I decided to use sugar tabs instead of priming sugar solution this time. It has been 10 days plus and some of my beers have a little bit of carbonation but are generally flat and others none at all. Can I open bottle double the tab count or has that boat sailed?

Give it more time. 10 days is too soon to expect it to be fully carbed...give it another few weeks. Don't double the tabs, if it isn't carbonated after a month, raise the temp a bit. If you add another cap now you would risk bottle bombs. What temp are they at now? How long did you cool the bottles you tried before opening?

What was the FG and what temp are they sitting at? I guess what was the OG as well. Basically there are a lot of factors that affect or slow the process of cabonation. ABV is certainly one of them that I noticed and then temp. Temp is a huge factor.

Fg is 1.3 after 5 weeks. Was done at 4 weeks but I figured 1 more week wouldn't hurt. Current temp is 70°.

Forgot to measure the og. This is the first time I've used tabs, every time I have used a sugar solution I get a full carb within 3 to 6 days. Unfortunately I get a few bottle bombs towards the bottem.

Back