No carbonation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HolidayIF1488

Reaction score
Usually I keg,but all of my kegs are in use so I had to bottle without force carbing. I used gelatin in my secondary for 1week then cold crashed 3 days. It's been a long time since I bottled with a primer but I used 3/4cup sugar for 5gal,and as I used to I filled 1 plastic bottle to check carbonation. After a few days I cracked the top and.......... Nothing. Any thoughts? Am I checking too soon? Are there just too few yeasties left to carb it up?

image-3702022073.jpg

Here is a pic. Very clear.

It might be that it is really way too soon. I wait 2 weeks and some are close to ready then, but most take 3 weeks and some longer than that.

kh54s10 said:
It might be that it is really way too soon. I wait 2 weeks and some are close to ready then, but most take 3 weeks and some longer than that.

Thank you. Your most likely right. When I did bottle with primer I never got my beer this clear,and then I'd have some sign of carb after a few days. I guess I need to buy a few more kegs. Or stop loaning them out.:)

Back