No carbonation kegging.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cincybeer

Reaction score
Have, co2, no leaks, pressure in keg, reads 14 psi at gauge, no carbonation.
Tried burst carbing, keggerator broke, rechilled in new fridge 2 weeks at 14 psi, beer serves but no carbonation in beer
Bumped to 20 psi. Still nothing? Hear gas enter keg when i increae pressure.
Could this be a bad regulator? Current one is 3-4 yrs old. Never any issues till the last few weeks. Any ideas?

Or could be a bad gauge. Instead of 14 psi you are maybe at 4 psi.

14 psi at 2 weeks should be plenty to get carbonated.

Or could be a bad gauge. Instead of 14 psi you are maybe at 4 psi.

14 psi at 2 weeks should be plenty to get carbonated.
Concur with the bad gauge. How fast/slow does the beer come out the spout? Should pour at similar speed to what you see at your local bar when they fill a pint from the tap. if its like half that speed or less, then your pressure is way low. But, small beer line ID can slow it down a little with no change to carbonation levels.

Last edited:
Pour speed may be a little slow but not that bad.
Found a spare regulator i will try it this weekend
If your using a typical kegerator, 20 psi you should have a very heavy pour since there’s not much distance or elevation, I also agree your regulator gauge may be the issue

Try putting 40psi on it for 18-24 hours. That's how I burst carbonate my beer. If you don't get any carbonation doing that, your gauge is bad, you have a leak, or your CO2 tank is empty. The high pressure might make a leak more obvious as well, so spray some star san on the connections again at the high pressure.

Agree , probably the regulator. If its showing 40 psi and you hear it enter the keg and then stop once it reaches 40 , pull the prv . 40 psi will be a big burst . If it's just a little puff then you know .

Thanks for all the help
Replacement regulator and i am back in beer. I will get a replacement guage next time i am at my local store!

Back