no carbonation bubbles after tranfer to carboy...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbrang00

Reaction score
Hello everyone, New to brew here, and been doing alot of reading. I have to say there is alot of usful info on the fourms, thank you.

I would like to ask if its normal not to see any carbonation bubbles making thier way to the top after 7 days.

Boiled and Pitched the American Amber Ale from Midwest on 11 nov, transfered from bucket to carboy 17 Nov.

It looks like a stagnet pond, no bubbles anywere, no foam, just a few yellow blobs that peak to the surface for a while and go away...

I already understand not to worry about the airlock activity, but should i still see bubbles racing to the top like the gallon of apple cider i have going?
Thanks in advance

Did you take a hydrometer reading before you transferred to see if you hit your target FG?

Most likely your fermentation is done so you wont see very much activity in the secondary.

You're fine. My guess is if you got a magnifying glass you would detect some trace effervescence still occurring. As mentioned, your "active" fermentation has subsided and the beer is just cleaning up after itself now. The beer, after all, has to stop producing massive amounts of CO2 at some point. ;)

I did not take the FG as i figured it would be too soon, (expecting it to take more than 7 days to ferment) so if its in a cleaning stage i should leave it anyways yea? Ill take an FG today, thanks for the quick reply.

Its probably just about done. A lot of my ales are easily done in a week. Give it some time to clean up and you're set

The fast ferment when the yeast is eating the malt sugars and creating alcohol with CO2 as a waste product usually only takes two to three days. From then on the process the yeast is going through produces no CO2 or very little but what it is doing is pretty important as it cleans up the byproducts created early on in the ferment. Don't confuse a lack of bubbles with a lack of activity. It's doing stuff in secret now.

Back