No Carbination

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After fermentation, I add berries, blended up, wait a bit, bottle, and there blows!, I mean goes.
I also use a plastic soda bottle to check pressure.
Cheers

Some additional information would help. Did you use priming sugar and how where the bottles stored? How long?
I used black tea,organic sugar and the fermation was 14 days.The second brew I added 1/4 cup of lemon juice and two Tsp. of ginger and let sit airtight for 3 days.It also has a bit of a vinegar like taste.Thanks for any help.

Same question: I made a blueberry simple syrup and added about a fluid ounce (30ml) to each each 500ml bottle. Let them rest several days in our warm (80+ °F) garage storage area before chilling in the fridge. Flavor's very nice, but no carbonation.

I'm using repurposed seltzer bottles, which might be a little leakier than swing-tops or crown caps, but I'd've thought they'd hold at least  some carbonation.

🤷‍♂️

My simple syrup is 120 grams sugar to 400 ml water,and I put 30 ml into each 16 oz swing top. Depending on how much freeze dried ginger I use it can be explosive.

Back