Nitrogen Regulator with Flow meter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an Argon/co2 regulator with a flow meter. It's the one where the ball goes higher as more gas is released. My question is will this work with my nitrogen tank to dispense 25psi? I have no doubt that it will but I want to make sure. I know the regulator has the same connection for the nitro but it's just the flow meter vs. the conventional gauge that I have a question about. I just build my Brutus and this was my regulator for my welding rig. Now I want to put it to good use for my beer! This is pretty much what I have. Thanks,
Cole

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Argon-G...=180493435275&ps=63&clkid=4055032555264707597

That should work. The trick is it's a regulator WITH flow meter, as opposed to the "regulators" that are just flowmeters. The dial on the left controls flow, on the right controls pressure. Open the one on the left up all the way, (or just remove the flow meter), and set pressure with the one on the right.

It looks like a high pressure regulator though. 50 kg/cm^2 is a whopping 700 PSI. Don't know if you can adjust it fine enough to hit 25 PSI with any certainty, but at the very least you'll need to swap out the pressure gauge for one with lower pressure gradations.

Latest posts

Back