Nitro Lovin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadabrew

Reaction score
So I hooked up my new stout faucet last night and my beergas with regulator and poured my first ever nitro beer at home. The beer is a guinness clone that I brewed so a fairly typical dry irish stout. The beer came out with a moderate amount of head but no cascading effect. I had the stout on Co2 with the pressure at about 8 psi to give it a bit of light CO2 prior to putting on Beergas. So here are my questions...

- Am I not getting the cascading effect becuase there isn't enough co2 in the beer yet?
- Should I just leave it on beergas and let it equalise at 30psi or should I further carb on co2 then switch back to beergas.
-And finally when I have it at the desired set up do I just leave it permanently hooked up to beergas or will it overcarb that way?

Thanks!
Tim

I have just bought a stout pump so I hope there is someone out there that can share there knowledge

BeerMbob said:
I have just bought a stout pump so I hope there is someone out there that can share there knowledge

Carb w co2 to about 8 or so psi, then put it on beergas at 25-30, thats all

If you carb too high w co2, you'll get pints of foam. Beergas at 25-30 will keep it at the right level of co2 going forward. Also, make sure you have the restrictive plate and flow straightener in the spout.

Back