nitro faucet/kit recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrystalShip

Reaction score
Hey guys,

my 40+ year old chest freezer (kegerator) is finally biting the dust, so I am building a keezer collar for a brand new chest freezer. I figured while I am at it, I'll add another tap handle....NITRO!

Any recommendations on an inexpensive source for a good kit that does not include the nitro tank?

I bought my original kit from BeverageFactory.com. My second time around, I pieced the kit together with parts from Ebay and my LHBS. Don't remember how much I paid at the time but it wasn't bad. I found a stout-faucet on Ebay for 40 bucks that included a guinness coupler and a length of gas tubing so I jumped on that. Since I didn't need the guinness coupler, I sold that and almost broke even. All I needed after that was my ball lock connects, beer line(both of which, I already had) and a tank, and I was set. May be worth searching around and trying to do the same if you already have some spare parts laying around.

I actually got impatient and went with kegoutlet.com. They had a nitro kit that included the reg, ball lock connections, beer line, gas line, stout faucet, and shank. It was 159.99 with 9.95 shipping

It was a double IPA at Reuben's brews in Seattle. Served through a stout faucet I believe. I had both versions of the beer (nitro and regular co2) and I liked the nitro better. It restrained the bitterness of the beer a bit, but the hop flavor and aroma was still just as powerful. It was much more easy drinking than the co2 version.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back