Nikon d5000 question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyPolock

Reaction score
I have a question for anybody who is familiar with dSLR cameras, specifically my nikon d5000.

I want to get an AC power adapter so that I can make a time lapse video with the camera but I am not sure what accessory that I need to get.

It is hard for me to tell from the nikon website as well as from some amazon reviews on the items that I think that I need to buy.

I am pretty sure that I need this - Nikon EH-5A AC Adapter, but looking at the picture I can't tell where I would plug in the adapter to the camera.

That is why I think that I need this, the Nikon EP-5 Power Supply Connector for EH-5 AC Adapter.

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
You need both for the D5000, according to B&H Photo's web site.http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/519898-REG/Nikon_25364_EH_5A_AC_Adapter_for.html There's a note in the overview section. It looks like the one, EP-5 would go in place of the battery. To do time lapse you'll also need an interval timer to release the shutter.

Thanks, that is what I figured. Thankfully there is an interval timer function built into the d5000, so I don't need to do anything else.

Back