Night Shift releases, events, etc.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the feedback on the Art beers! Really appreciate hearing it.

We just tapped the latest beer in that series, Art #22 - Michelangelo, late last night. It is a non-"shifted" west coast inspired American IPA. Brewed with lots of Simcoe, Columbus, Chinook and Cascade. This beer is one piney, dank, resin monster with just a touch of citrus hop character. Double dry hopped for extra hop kick. Growlers only.

Cheers all!

We just tapped the latest beer in that series, Art #22 - Michelangelo, late last night. It is a non-"shifted" west coast inspired American IPA. Brewed with lots of Simcoe, Columbus, Chinook and Cascade. This beer is one piney, dank, resin monster with just a touch of citrus hop character. Double dry hopped for extra hop kick. Growlers only.

Cheers all!
Had it last night thought it was really tasty, wish there were going to be bottles. Another hit for night shift

Cheers all!
Visited you guys Thursday evening for the first time, and was genuinely impressed! Art #22 was my 2nd favorite. After Ever Weiss of course.

Art #14 was one of the best beers I had at DLD. I just wish it had been 20 degrees warmer outside. Tart without being sour or lactic. Nice juiciness and sweetness from the pluots and wheat base. Just awesomely quenching.

Art #14 was one of the best beers I had at DLD. I just wish it had been 20 degrees warmer outside. Tart without being sour or lactic. Nice juiciness and sweetness from the pluots and wheat base. Just awesomely quenching.

Art 14 was awesome. I drank mine right away and sent the other out in a BIF - wish I had more!

I was really impressed with the new DIPA Washington. I didn't anticipate leaving with a growler of anything today but that beer easily won me over.

From the site, see you guys there!!:

5/22: Grand Opening at New Night Shift Taproom!
On Thursday, May 22 from 3-10pm we will finally open the doors to the new Night Shift Brewing taproom! Located at 87 Santilli Highway in Everett, our taproom’s debut party will feature a special draft list of cellared favorites, current regulars, and some brand new brews. We’ll also be launching bottles of our new imperial stout aged in red wine barrels – Art #23: “R Squared” – at 7pm. Entry will be $10 at the door includes an 11oz. draft of any beer on tap. We welcome everyone to share this very memorable night with us!

markgugs - same here and I can only be in Boston the 21st (I have to pick up 3 sour allocations! hoping the old building is open on the 21st and the bottles are still there for pickup)

markgugs - same here and I can only be in Boston the 21st (I have to pick up 3 sour allocations! hoping the old building is open on the 21st and the bottles are still there for pickup)
I can't even go on the 21st! (decent consolation prize...driving up to Maine Beer Co. for the Dinner release)

Hey All,
Just wanted to share that we have officially opened up our new brewery location at 87 Santilli HWY in Everett, MA. This has been a year in the making and we are very excited to share the space with everyone. Last night was our grand opening but we are continuing the festivities today (3pm-10pm) and Saturday(12-10pm). We will release a new beer tonight (En Garde) and 2 of our favorites from our cellar!

Hitting the taps at 3pm will be En Garde - our take on a bier de garde that has lagered for 3 months. Malty, yet dry, a touch of honey, and a slight funky tartness.

5pm tapping: Art #18 - a barrel aged blend of a raspberry and our somer weisse berliners (both barrel aged) mix with brett fermented beers.

7pm tapping: Bean Porter - bourbon barrel fermented porter with coffee and vanilla beans.

Plus many more awesome beers like our Oyster Gose. Full list is here. More specialty beers being tapped Saturday.

Oh and we will have food trucks today and tomorrow!

Cheers,
Rob

Hey All,
Just wanted to share that we have officially opened up our new brewery location at 87 Santilli HWY in Everett, MA. This has been a year in the making and we are very excited to share the space with everyone. Last night was our grand opening but we are continuing the festivities today (3pm-10pm) and Saturday(12-10pm). We will release a new beer tonight (En Garde) and 2 of our favorites from our cellar!

Hitting the taps at 3pm will be En Garde - our take on a bier de garde that has lagered for 3 months. Malty, yet dry, a touch of honey, and a slight funky tartness.

5pm tapping: Art #18 - a barrel aged blend of a raspberry and our somer weisse berliners (both barrel aged) mix with brett fermented beers.

7pm tapping: Bean Porter - bourbon barrel fermented porter with coffee and vanilla beans.

Plus many more awesome beers like our Oyster Gose. Full list is here. More specialty beers being tapped Saturday.

Oh and we will have food trucks today and tomorrow!

Cheers,
Rob

I'm heading in around 7, can't wait! Did Art 23 sell out yesterday?

I'm pretty bummed about missing the art #23 release. ISO if anyone made it down this weekend.

Any word on the next barrel society or any other bottle release?

I'm pretty bummed about missing the art #23 release. ISO if anyone made it down this weekend.

Any word on the next barrel society or any other bottle release?

The most recent barrel society release came out this past Wensday. It's called Supernova and is a 100% Brett fermented DIPA. Tasty stuff.

Just in case you all missed the news:

Taproom Launch: "Stop, Collaborate, and Glisten"
Thursday, June 12th: tapping @ 3pm, bottles @ 5pm

Releasing bottles ($20 each, limit 2/person) and tapping our collaboration with NC's NoDa Brewing, "Stop, Collaborate, and Glisten." A sparkling golden ale fermented in wine barrels with Sauvignon Blanc grape must and a blend of wild yeast strains, this collab debuted at the ACBF last weekend. Try it again or for the first time next Thursday! Bottle count: 500.

I am pretty proud of this beer and it was a blast working with Chad from NoDa on this project. Come enjoy this beer with us! Cheers!

Hey robNSB what are the details on KBS#11, just had a bottle over the weekend and really enjoyed it. It was the last bottle in East Boston and Malden is all out. Is this getting brewed again? Still Kappy's only in the future?

Hey robNSB what are the details on KBS#11, just had a bottle over the weekend and really enjoyed it. It was the last bottle in East Boston and Malden is all out. Is this getting brewed again? Still Kappy's only in the future?

KBS #11 stands for Kappy's Barrel Series 11th release. It was from a boubon barrel kappy's gave us a while back with the idea that they get the exclusive right to sell the beer that comes out of that barrel. We did a batch of Trifetca and then a batch of Viva in that same barrel for Kappy's as well. After Viva left we decided to take the barrel in the sour direction and added a new batch of beer with a blend of bugs to it. The beer sat in oak for a little over a year. The beer came out great but it was a single barrel release.

No plans to make this exact beer again but we do have plenty of variations of this aging. Working on selecting barrels for a sour red ale this week that will be blended up and sold in the taproom sometime in July!

Cheers,
Rob

Hey All,
We have two new beers this week that I am pretty excited to share. Please come drink some before I consume it all myself.

Thunder Moon (tonight) & The Constable (tomorrow)
Thunder Moon: summer porter with rich malt character; notes of chocolate and honey followed by layers of citrus hops & a touch of grains of paradise for a thirst-quenching kick.
The Constable: IPA that's soft, delicate and loaded with juicy hop character, bursting with flavors of nectarines, papaya, and candied citrus. Crushable!

Cheers,
Rob

Hey All,
We have two new beers this week that I am pretty excited to share. Please come drink some before I consume it all myself.

Thunder Moon: summer porter with rich malt character; notes of chocolate and honey followed by layers of citrus hops & a touch of grains of paradise for a thirst-quenching kick.
The Constable: IPA that's soft, delicate and loaded with juicy hop character, bursting with flavors of nectarines, papaya, and candied citrus. Crushable!

Cheers,
Rob

Stoked for dollar oyster night next week. Can that be a regular thing? Haha....

Hey All,

Cheers,
Rob

How many will you hold for me? 100? In seriousness, do you think any will last to the weekend?

How many will you hold for me? 100? In seriousness, do you think any will last to the weekend?

Both Thunder Moon & Constable should last the weekend. Our best guess is they will last 1-2 weeks.

Just in case you all missed the news:

Taproom Launch: "Stop, Collaborate, and Glisten"
Thursday, June 12th: tapping @ 3pm, bottles @ 5pm

Releasing bottles ($20 each, limit 2/person) and tapping our collaboration with NC's NoDa Brewing, "Stop, Collaborate, and Glisten." A sparkling golden ale fermented in wine barrels with Sauvignon Blanc grape must and a blend of wild yeast strains, this collab debuted at the ACBF last weekend. Try it again or for the first time next Thursday! Bottle count: 500.

I am pretty proud of this beer and it was a blast working with Chad from NoDa on this project. Come enjoy this beer with us! Cheers!
This sounds right up my alley. Think it lasts till Saturday?

Random question for robNSB - In the Presidential Series, why go from Washington to Jefferson with no Adams? Unless I missed a release :eek:

Random question for robNSB - In the Presidential Series, why go from Washington to Jefferson with no Adams? Unless I missed a release :eek:

You didn't miss any! We just picked it semi-randomly. For the presidents born in MA we wanted to make sure the beer had an element of MA in it. Adams is MA born so we sort of had to skip him for now.

Totally a possibility for a Van Buren.

Latest posts

Back