Nice fireball off of HLT burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkovac

Reaction score
I've been brewing with propane for four years, zero problems. Was brewing yesterday, turned on HLT burner, ran for a minute or two, then all of a sudden a fireball shot out from the stand. and a second flame appeared at the needle valve. Cut the gas before anything bad happened. I built my own manifold and so I check it like crazy for leaks every time I brew, but I had not been checking the connections of the flex hoses to the needle valve assemblies on the burners. I will totally be checking those now. Once I tightened it up all was fine, but if I -or any of my four friends who were there - had been standing on the other side of the stand, there would have been at least scorched hair, maybe worse. Very scary, and stupid on my part not to check EVERY gas connection.

Yellow Teflon on there? (although, is it needed on flair connections?)

Todd

Yean, no tape on the flare connections. It was just loose, perfect seal once I tightened it.

Back