NHC loot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkultra69

Reaction score
After what seemed like forever, I finally got my NHC score sheets back today. And to my surprise I got a box full of loot to go with it. This was the first time interning in to nationals so I did not know what to expect. I placed 2nd in English Browns, and not only did I get an sweet medal, I got a 4oz sampler pack of Galena hops (any suggestions?) 5 little packs of Briess smoke malt, a box of 5 star cleaner/sanitizer and a gift certificate for a 50# bag of Briess malt:ban: As well as a sticker from Full Sail, and a bottle opener from Hop Union. I only sent 2 beers in this year, so to get a medal was really cool. I plan on sending 12 in next year:rockin: may have to rent cold storage though. Anyways, just super excited still and wanted to share.

DSC_0942.jpg

That freaking rocks, man.... congrats! Some of us didn't even get a beer to the 2nd round :(

That freaking rocks, man.... congrats! Some of us didn't even get a beer to the 2nd round :(

especially when my Amercian Brown scored a 39 which was tied for top score in the cat. 10 in the SW Regional and it STILL didn't move on....(not that I'm bitter or anything :D)

Congrats OP! nice loot!

Way to Go! We were just over in your area, stayed out at Manchester State Park. Our daughter and grandkids live in Port Orchard.

Nice score on the loot, I could help store that 50 pounds of malt for ya, or some of your prime homebrew... :)

Way to Go! We were just over in your area, stayed out at Manchester State Park. Our daughter and grandkids live in Port Orchard.

Nice score on the loot, I could help store that 50 pounds of malt for ya, or some of your prime homebrew... :)

I live right out by Manchester, was just out at the park weekend befor the 4th. as a mater of fact. While I think I got a good place for the malt, more than happy to pour ya a pint next time your out my way.:mug:

And thanks to everyone, was a really cool experiance.

Congrats!!! Good to hear the score sheets are on the way. I'm curious to see how my two final round entries scored. And like you, this was my first year entering NHC. I also have plans to send 12 in next year.

Congratulations and good job! My Classic American Pilsner also placed 2nd. The silver medal, goody box and scoresheets arrived today:

1 Custom wood tap handle with built-in mini chalk board (very cool)
8 Packets of Five Star PBW
4 oz Northern Brewer Hops from Hope Union
1 Hop Union key chain bottle opener
1 Rogue "Yellow Snow Ale" temporary tattoo

This was my first time entering the national competition. I entered two beers, the CAP and an IPA. The IPA did not place, but it did get a silver certificate (based on score alone). The CAP placed 1st in the east regional and it was sent to a mini BOS in the finals, so it must have only narrowly missed a first. Another CAP edged me out. I was actually surprised to see the CAP take both 1st and 2nd in the 2c Pilsner category. I really thought that a German or Bohemian lager would win the top slots.

Back