Newbie with a Grainfather

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there!
So after reading ENDLESS posts on this forum I decided to finally join the ranks.
I have successfully brewed and bottled my very first home brewed beer (Brewer's Best Kolsch). I'm also making a hard cider which I just transferred to secondary fermenter. Next on my list is another Brewer's Best kit - Milk Stout. Well that was next on my list until the other day.
I sent my husband to our lhbs to pick up another fermenting bucket and a few other supplies; he came home with a new Grainfather and sparge kettle saying that it was probably only a matter of time before I made the jump to all grains.
My question is a Grainfather a little advanced for a beginner- keeping in mind
I HAVE ONLY MADE ONE BATCH OF BEER!! :eek: ?!
Should I try forge ahead and make an all grain beer with next to no experience or am I better off getting more familiar with the whole brewing process before unboxing this behemoth?

Read How to Brew online. There is an updated book, but it will give you the basics. If you buy an all grain kit or use a good recipe it is really only more steps to do and takes a little longer. It is not really any more difficult.

Go for it. I am sure the shop that sold the Grainfather would help with a recipe and ingredients for a brew.

Back