Newbie to bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HippieMama

Reaction score
I am only looking into bottling KT at the moment. Where is the best, affordable place to buy bottles and equipment online? Can anyone give me suggestions on the best method to capping the bottles and what equipment I will need? Thanks!

"Where", in Ga.?
All kinds of forum sponsors listed here, with all the equipment you might desire.
I don't bottle, but most folks recycle "pry top" bottles, clean, sanitize, and refill them.

Bottling "K T" ?.........I don't be knowin' that one...........Is it some "HippieMama" speak.............:D

Yeah... Screw buying bottles! Just start buying beers that use pry off caps and brown bottles and reuse them. you can get the labels off by soaking them in some water and oxyclean for a few hours. you can even try going down to your local bar and asking the bartender to hold onto some bottles for you. just give em a good tip;)

I have a young baby and am not currently drinking alcohol...other than the trace amount that is in kombucha. So, I either have to buy bottles or "pay someone" in beer. So what about a capping device and the caps? Are these cheapest at a homebrew store or online? Which capper is the best (not sure the real name for this)?

You'll want a bottling bucket with a spigot, a bottling wand (tube with a spring-loaded valve at the bottom that only opens when pushed against the bottom of the bottle), a capper and caps.

If you don't have any of these then Craigslist is probably your cheapest source - lots of lightly-used beginner brewing kits for sale that include all of these and more (at least in my location).

I'm close enough to Atlanta. I suppose I could look there and meet up with someone. And thanks, btbnl!

Back