Newbie here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1foru2forme

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this and so far lots of fun. I have only the basic knowledge and am only on my 3rd batch. I first made a Cooppers wheat beer then an Irish Stout and am now brewing an IPA. I would love to learn more about altering flavors while keeping it very simple besides just switching malt extracts. This is how I was taught to brew!

Bring 2 litters of water and 2lb of honey to about 160 Deg. then slowly add all the malt (already hopped) bring back up to temp. pour enough cold water in the fermenting bucket then malt then the rest with reg filtered water bring the temp down to about 84 before pitching my yeast and closing the lid for a LONG 9 days. Then I bottle with about 1 1/2 tabl spoons of corn sugar per 2 litter bottle shake squeeze out the air to invert the bottle and wait another 14 days. Oh yea and the most important step...DRINK!

You should keep it longer then 9 days and check gravity to know if the fermentation is complete (first stage of it anyways).

1foru2forme - Welcome to homebrewing, have you read through:
How to Brew - By John Palmer
It covers a lot, a good beginning and will give you a lot of ideas on what is possible and different things you can do to improve / make different brews.

Pivzavod what is this

Next: Coopers American Lager, AHS Newcastle Clone

I love new castle! And coopers is what I have heard they are the best. What is the whole name and malter of the Newcastle clone so I can give it a try? Also I was told 5-10 days so I give it 9 and I don't know anything about testing gravity or how to cheek alcohol content. only how to do the basics and drink it.

here you go

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_452_43_256&products_id=1118

AHS = Austin Homebrew Supply and its one of the most popular online vendors and have an outstanding reputation on this forum.

Take it from another newbie, you will get better tasting beer if you let it age longer. My Blue Moon clone will stay in primary for 3 weeks before at least 3 weeks in bottles. I am going to brew Newcastle clone this weekend and will follow the same.

Oh well in that case how long will it stay good for if for some chance I don't drink it, after the bottle stage? I use Hearts Homebrew they are located 30min from my house, but will try others until I find the perfect one.

Latest posts

Back